Talk

Advanced search

How many leavers voters feel Farage represents them?

(11 Posts)
janieblaye Tue 28-Jun-16 22:53:23

I am interested to know the portion of leaver voters who consider this man a here / speaking for the common man / brave for how he spoke today?

I would like to think that not all 17 million leaver voters feel represented by him.

bkgirl Tue 28-Jun-16 22:57:32

I voted leave, I don't like Farage but I did like some of what he said today - but not the crowing. The way he and Juncker met made me think as both are bankers - are they both at it in some way?
So no, Farage doesn't represent me.

GreenishMe Tue 28-Jun-16 22:59:36

Nor me

Kimononono Tue 28-Jun-16 23:03:13

I voted leave. He doesn't speak for me.

GraceGrape Tue 28-Jun-16 23:07:37

I would say that demographic of MN means that there wouldn't be many Farage supporters on here except Claig even amongst Leave voters. If you posted your question in the comments section of the DM, you would probably get a different response.

janieblaye Tue 28-Jun-16 23:17:39

Perhaps true Grace

I was worried reading some DM style comments today that made me worry that a larger proportion than I thought supported him and felt he spoke for them.

Kimononono Tue 28-Jun-16 23:46:54

I was shocked at the GE at who was voting for him on my FB. The danger is some of the things he says have a small element of truth which he twists and which people who are fed up with the whole bloody system grasp on too.

Both our biggest parties have really let this country down and it's left the door open for him to come in. That's how he has managed it.

MarkRuffaloCrumble Wed 29-Jun-16 00:00:40

I voted leave based on reading and listening to arguments from both sides then dismissing the bullshit and reading some more Nothing to do with Boris, Nige or anyone else. Would have been nice to have a more encouraging figurehead - I hear that Corbyn used to be anti-EU, if only he had been able to speak out about it rather than grudgingly towing the party line it would have made the whole campaign more palatable.

I didn't like the way the EU has grown and crept into other areas of life when it was originally intended to be a trading agreement. I don't agree with any of the big sprawling organisations (government generally, NHS, EU) as I think they become messy and inefficient and end up not serving anyone effectively because they are trying to please too many people and there are too many opportunities for exploitation.

The whole moving to Strasbourg once a month thing is a fucking joke and is representative of the kind of waste that annoys me so much with these massive organisations.

Having read about Juncker and Merkel, the treatment of Greece, Italy etc, the onward plans for the EU and Cameron's failure to secure notable negotiations with them, I felt that we would be better off going it alone and making trade deals with the rest of the world. I honestly don't think the EU will still be going in 5 years time and if so it will be in even more of a mess than it is now. If it's going down I don't want to be part of it.

I do think unlimited immigration needs tackling but I know that this particular vote didn't guarantee any changes there. However, I'm glad it's now being discussed rather than the topic being silenced. Shame it always ends the same way, with 'racist bigot' name calling, but at least it is out there.

I don't like Farage, his manner or some of his principles and I can practically smell his boozy smokers breath, he makes me heave! However I don't think he came across as badly as everyone thinks today. He represents a large proportion of the British public who are not being otherwise represented. He rightly pointed out that he had been mocked for even contemplating this outcome.

MarkRuffaloCrumble Wed 29-Jun-16 00:09:14

For an EU obsessed by climate change and its possible effects, more embarrassing is the report’s admission that “10,200 tonnes of CO2 per year would be saved if Strasbourg were no longer used as a place of work”.
That is the equivalent of 12,000 cars driving around the circumference of the world.

Itinerary Wed 29-Jun-16 00:34:37

No, I'm not "represented by" Farage, or anyone else for that matter. I made my own mind up about how to vote.

Valentine2 Wed 29-Jun-16 01:41:28

Please sign this to stop the lying and heating and twisting of figures and facts during campaigns by scum like Farage.

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/119416

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now