Brexit fantasy about to come crashing down

(13 Posts)
WaitroseTrolley Mon 27-Jun-16 21:57:25

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/fintan-o-toole-brexit-fantasy-is-about-to-come-crashing-down-1.2698974

If anyone can pass on any evidence to the contrary it would be welcome.

RortyCrankle Tue 28-Jun-16 01:01:57

I pretty much ignore most of the UK press so I'm not sure why I should care what an Irish reporter writes.

Totallypearshaped Tue 28-Jun-16 01:04:44

How lovely and racist of you Rorty.

RortyCrankle Tue 28-Jun-16 01:30:50

Because I don't care what a journalist writes in a newspaper lol. Yeah, right.

annandale Tue 28-Jun-16 03:32:37

Oh that's quite good I think. Not sure it says anything hugely new but it has a good sweep to it.

Rorty, apologies if I've said this before but you must have a connection to the village P that I grew up in (I think I must have said it before as it's all I can think of when I see your username!)

Out2pasture Tue 28-Jun-16 03:51:01

This is an interesting perspective
www.cbc.ca/beta/news/thenational/turning-point-brexit-1.3655489

Lighteningirll Tue 28-Jun-16 07:39:42

Didn't take long for the racist card to be used to shut down debate shame on you Totally

InShockReally Tue 28-Jun-16 07:43:23

It was a bit confused Lightning. Why shouldn't "some Irish reporter" have anything to say FFS?

RortyCrankle Tue 28-Jun-16 09:35:41

Sorry Annadale don't have a connection to any village, P or otherwise but fascinated to know why you think that.

I didn't say an Irish reporter shouldn't have anything to say, merely that I wasn't interested in it.

sorenofthejnaii Tue 28-Jun-16 09:41:29

Reading foreign press does give a more balanced perspective than the British press. Unless they have their own agenda of course.

RortyCrankle Tue 28-Jun-16 11:12:41

Well I agree it can do but as you say, they all have their own agenda.

PepeLePew Tue 28-Jun-16 11:28:51

I find it very interesting reading other countries' accounts of this. It's typically broader and more thoughtful than our own factionalised press is able to deliver, and less hysterical. I'd also really recommend the New Yorker's coverage of it.

annandale Tue 28-Jun-16 11:58:04

It's the name of a pub, assumed there weren't many with that name but perhaps there are!

It's salutary to read other countries' papers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now