Talk

Advanced search

To be really cross with David Cameron?

(34 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

juneau Mon 27-Jun-16 12:39:05

I never thought that he should've led either campaign - he should've stayed off the front line and concentrated on being PM. Because he put himself in the firing line he's now stepped down, at the most crucial moment in our country's history for decades, effectively leaving the country rudderless, as well as reeling.

I'm also pissed off with the Labour party for not pulling together and providing effective opposition. They really could've timed their infighting, resignations and vote of no confidence for a better time. I feel that in this country's moment of greatest need our politicians have deserted us and left us without effective leadership.

EdmundCleverClogs Mon 27-Jun-16 12:48:34

I'm not pissed off with him for jumping a sinking ship, I would too in his position. I am pissed off at him for allowing the referendum to go ahead at all, it will go down as one of the dumbest decisions in British political history. That's his legacy, hope it keeps him warm at night.

SandyY2K Mon 27-Jun-16 12:52:14

I'm a pissed off with him too. He's too ashamed to carry on as he never thought that the public would vote out.

Politicians all lie.

TheNaze73 Mon 27-Jun-16 12:53:46

YABU. He lost & did the right thing. How could he possibly go to Brussels & negotiate something he doesn't want to do??
Think you have 17.4m other people to be angry at, before him

OutwardBound2016 Mon 27-Jun-16 12:54:57

His cock up was calling the referendum. I don't understand people shock about him going, I thought it was inevitable and well documented?. I also think that Boris' leadership ambitions were well known which is why I struggle to understand why many leave voters I have spoken too seem to not be too confident in him being PM.

EnthusiasmDisturbed Mon 27-Jun-16 12:56:56

I am pissed off with him he only offered a referendum so he would stay PM

I am pissed of with Labour for turning their back on so many voters this has been going on for years now but if DC had not offered the referendum to win votes we wouldn't be in this situation

He and George are to blame for us being where we are not anyone else the call for a referendum wasn't that strong

99GBPChargeToUseMyPostsJournos Mon 27-Jun-16 12:57:01

YABU. He doesn't want to lead the party through this so would have resigned anyway. He would really be able to stay.

Clearly Boris et al would like him to stay because they don't want the blame for this going wrong.

LovePotatoes Mon 27-Jun-16 12:59:54

I too am angry that Cameron called for the rederendum too. It will be what history will remember him for. I feel the Brexit has uncovered so much hatred for ethnic minorities and racial Intolerances. It such a worrying time.

Floisme Mon 27-Jun-16 13:00:13

He called the referendum for his own personal gain. He resigned for his own personal gain. He deserves everything that's coming to him and one of the few things cheering me up at the moment is thinking about what historians will say about him.

juneau Mon 27-Jun-16 13:07:42

Given the circumstances I'm not surprised he's stepped down - after all he really had to having led the Remain campaign and then lost the referendum. But he's really left the country in the lurch.

Magicpaintbrush Mon 27-Jun-16 13:10:17

This referendum should never have happened, it's much too complex an issue. He should never have suggested it. Look where we are now.

Shariamom Mon 27-Jun-16 13:17:30

Who cares about Dc.
The main thing is we have our country back
And we have our borders back.
Our country can return to greatness like it was before the EU

Floisme Mon 27-Jun-16 13:22:53

Cameron and Johnson have treated being in government like their own personal game of Quidditch. They're still doing it now. They have fucked us over.

Itinerary Mon 27-Jun-16 13:24:03

I struggle to understand why many leave voters I have spoken too seem to not be too confident in him being PM.

There were various other politicians in the public eye on the Leave side, and it's perfectly valid to prefer one or more of them, or indeed any other candidate, to Boris as potential PM. The referendum was about being in or out of the EU, not personalities.

loobyloo1234 Mon 27-Jun-16 13:29:12

YANBU

The Conservative Party received many votes at the last GE because they promised a GE. So he knew FULL well that there was a chance, Leave may win when he went onto become PM last year. What pisses me off is that he didn't even wait 24 hours to let some dust settle before turning his back on the 'country he loves' - thanks DC. And what about everyone that believed in you, and voted for you regardless? I think he's disgusting POS tbh. Imagine we all quit our positions when something went against us at work. He was paid to make decisions that would benefit the country, if he didn't believe in a referendum, why offer it? hmm

loobyloo1234 Mon 27-Jun-16 13:30:19

*promised a referendum sorry

BeingHuman Mon 27-Jun-16 13:35:48

He did the right thing imo. How can a PM who voted remain carry us forward to leave when it isn't what he believes in.

He did the right thing. And all those saying the worse decision in British political history, don't you think you should give it a little more than three days.

Or you still counting on your crystal ball.

Notthiswankagain Mon 27-Jun-16 13:37:39

I'm a bit pissed off with everyone. NI has had Arlene Foster say fuck all despite that we voted to remain. I'm fucked off that David Cameron gambled our future without proper policies in place so he could win an election, not caring that NI would be the worse off for it as we are hugely dependent on EU subsidies and the only UK country that share a border with an EU state, never mind the effect it would on the rest of the U.K.! Also Corbyn let his personal out of date ideology get in the way of doing what was best for the electorate. And the remain campaign was fucking complacent!

I'm fairly angry to say the least...

JenniferYellowHat1980 Mon 27-Jun-16 13:39:01

Think you have 17.4m other people to be angry at, before him

If he hadn't provided a referendum those 17.4m people couldn't have had a collective strop.

OutwardBound2016 Mon 27-Jun-16 13:39:55

Itinery, yes you can prefer one politician to another but I'm pretty sure it was well documented that if we left the EU DC would go and Boris was front runner. The referendum was about being in or out but either has consequences, this is one of them.

JenniferYellowHat1980 Mon 27-Jun-16 13:40:25

I'm astounded and quite frightened that our leadership seems all at sea and that no one seems to want to step forward and steer through this.

KnackeredDumpling Mon 27-Jun-16 13:47:20

If he stays and negotiates the exit - getting a deal for free trading and accepting freedom of movement as part of that (and I hope this is what we get) then he will be vilified for it, possibly campaigned against by another candidate who will overturn the deal, plus he has stated he doesn't believe that is the right thing for us so it would add even greater complexity and paranoia to the whole thing so I don't see what else he can do? I thought it was well known that he probably wouldn't stick around if there was brexit.

I was so angry at him for calling the referendum. It was a shit idea and perhaps he thought he wouldn't have a majority government to get it through. But it is possible UKIP would have won more seats at the last election had he not.

It's not great he's leaving but I think being PM is a pretty thankless job (not that this should have swayed his decision). I don't see what he can really do? And whether it's right or wrong it is completely understandable that he doesn't want to "clear up their shit".

These other guys believed in it, supposedly had economic plans for it - it's time for them to step up and put their plans in place.

crossroads3 Mon 27-Jun-16 13:53:36

*Who cares about Dc.
The main thing is we have our country back
And we have our borders back.
Our country can return to greatness like it was before the EU*

Is this a joke

witsender Mon 27-Jun-16 13:55:57

Allowing a fucking referendum in the first place was the height of lunacy.

AyeAmarok Mon 27-Jun-16 14:03:08

He's done exactly the right thing. The only person/team who should lead the UK through this exit and negotiation are the people who campaigned for it and had a plan as to how it would work and what they, and their supporters, wanted as the outcome. That it turns out they never had one isn't his problem.

He's played a blinder actually.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now