Talk

Advanced search

Why I didn't vote in the referendum

(3 Posts)
roverman75 Sun 26-Jun-16 23:08:50

A bit of background first I'm late 40's male lone parent of 4 .I work and in social housing, (long story. Not relevant to this ) I'm probably classed as poor working class
Why I didn't vote the European union is corrupt and run by commissioners who don't care about us the poor working class ,equally the British governments Tory or labour don't either .so which ever way I voted I couldn't justify it . I suspect as a large portion of people felt the same so didn't bother . I was totally disenfranchised by the whole thing.
There we are ,my reason ,I know ill be flamed for not voting but it was my decision and I'm comfortable with it.

gunting Sun 26-Jun-16 23:15:50

I voted. I am poor and working class. I can't afford a house and I couldn't afford to take maternity leave.

I voted to remain and I am scared about the future. I can't afford to lose my job and I genuinely think I will become homeless if we have another recession.

Bookaboo Tue 28-Jun-16 10:29:10

OP, I wish that you had at least spoiled your ballot paper in some way, by ticking both boxes for example.
I wish everyone who felt like you had done this. Those ballot papers are counted and reported on, so it would have demonstrated something and it may have made a stronger case for invalidating the referendum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now