shouldn't UKIP now disband?

(6 Posts)
fryingtoday Sun 26-Jun-16 21:38:09

Sole purpose was to get out of EU. So that's done - please can they now disband. Purpose gone.

Hassled Sun 26-Jun-16 21:41:13

Yes but no. Yes, there's no point to UKIP now (if there ever was). No, because then what will Farage do? He'll join the Tories via a safe seat somewhere and before we know it he'll have legislative power. Better to keep him safely corralled in a pointless party.

fryingtoday Sun 26-Jun-16 21:45:37

Isn't there some remote island with 10 sheep and and a goat that we can maroon him on?

ohdogoaway Sun 26-Jun-16 21:48:45

I was just saying this today - the one positive thing about this shit storm is there is surely no longer a need for the UK Independence Party - not when we have had our Independence Day ??????

ApricotSorbet99 Mon 27-Jun-16 09:47:53

Yes, there's no point to UKIP now (if there ever was)

I have seen quite a few contenders over the last few days but this, without question, wins the prize for the stupidest remark so far.

We have just voted to leave the EU but there's never been any point to a party that was campaigning for just that?

scarlets Mon 27-Jun-16 10:24:16

I wish that UKIP would go away and take their backwards fear-mongering, sexism and homophobia with them. I don't think the Conservatives would accept Farage - he's a liability - but who knows. Politics is crazy currently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now