Non Racist reasons why people voted leave

(3 Posts)
ReallyTired Sun 26-Jun-16 21:33:33

I was worried about the transalantic trade and investment partnership.

www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

Basically it wants to open up the provision of services like health, education or water services to the NHS. I was scared that TTIP could be a death knell for the NHS.

The utter arrogance of many of the EU minsters. They are out of touch with the citizens of the EU. The EU is financially wasteful and there is no way of reforming it.

Ifailed Sun 26-Jun-16 21:36:09

great. So we leave the 2nd largest trading block in the world, with a veto, and throw ourselves at the mercy of US corporations who want TTIP when we try and come to a trade deal with America. Whose out of touch now?

PattyPenguin Sun 26-Jun-16 21:40:14

You needn't have worried about TTIP. It would have to have been ratified by all 28 (well, soon to be 27) member states, and France in particular was being admirably bolshie about it.

www.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/03/doubts-rise-over-ttip-as-france-threatens-to-block-eu-us-deal

David Cameron, on the other hand, is a fan. From the story "The question marks over TTIP are a setback for the British prime minister, David Cameron, who last year vowed to put “rocket boosters” under the talks as he described TTIP as “a deal we want”."

I am sure other promiment members of the Conservative party are also fans. So if a UK outside the EU ever does get a trade deal with the US, it is quite likely that it will closely resemble TTIP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now