Talk

Advanced search

Consequences of UK staying in EU

(2 Posts)
Sandsnake Sun 26-Jun-16 21:22:38

DH and I have just been discussing what would happen if the UK were to stay in the EU post the BREXIT vote (either through results of a hypothetical second referendum or parliament somehow backtracking and not invoking Article 50). I am an ardent Remainer but have come to the conclusion that the likely level of civil unrest amongst Leavers if we were to stay in the EU would be too high a price to pay. I genuinely think there would be riots / violence and quite possibly the rise of a serious right wing / nationalist terrorist movement in this country if we were to Remain after a Leave vote.

I'd be interested to know what people think would happen if we were to stay in the EU? Do you agree with my prediction or am I over-estimating the ill feeling it would cause? BTW - I do think this is entirely hypothetical as I think we are going to leave the EU and would be very surprised indeed if a second referendum was called.

STIDW Sun 26-Jun-16 22:06:52

A second referendum is very unlikely. I've voted in 6 referenda in the Uk & none of them resolved the issues anyway. As far as civil unrest is concerned the the only way to deal with bullies/narcissists of any persuasion is to be assertive & stand up to them preferably sooner rather than later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now