Where are the cowardly fuckers?

(23 Posts)
3amEternal Sun 26-Jun-16 17:24:40

Nicola Sturgeon has been on tv all weekend arguing for her country. Our opposition lot have dominated the day with infighting and posturing about who will be leader. And the ones who caused all this and should be out there talking about plans are all where? In bed with duvets over their head? I wouldn't put it past Sam-Cam to be on a mini break somewhere.

Hamishandthefoxes Sun 26-Jun-16 17:30:44

Playing cricket and drinking cos that's what Churchill would have done?

Seriously I think they have no plan - there's just been a thing on sky where a pro Brexit MP says they didn't have a plan and expected DC to provide one.

They're treating the country like a fucking Union debate...

ASAS Sun 26-Jun-16 17:33:11

I'm a fully paid up antiSNPer but I must be honest and say NS and the director general of NHSScotland have put a huge effort in to reassuring everyone that it'll be OK in time.

Devastating weekend though.

OrangesandLemonsNow Sun 26-Jun-16 17:35:00

Apparently Tom Watson was in the silent disco at Glastonbury at 4am

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 26-Jun-16 17:35:06

Hopefully behind closed doors 24/7 until Monday or Tuesday drawing up the plans for the future of our country.

Kummerspeck Sun 26-Jun-16 17:36:30

Agree Through. These are important decisions and we have to stop expecting ready made solutions tweeted within seconds. Give things time

BestIsWest Sun 26-Jun-16 17:37:04

Well to be fair, Tom Watson is not a member of the party in power.

BestIsWest Sun 26-Jun-16 17:37:50

Some reassurance that there are discussions going on would be nice though.

OrangesandLemonsNow Sun 26-Jun-16 17:40:18

Well to be fair, Tom Watson is not a member of the party in power.

Not he is the deputy leader of the opposition who's party is currently imploding.

Conniedescending Sun 26-Jun-16 17:43:09

Quite....where the fuck are they?

I think Brexit is a disaster for the country - so do many others. I'm scared of what the future holds.

What's making it worse is the lack of any direction or reassurance from the leave camp. Where are you? Tell us how you will make this all ok? If they can't provide this we're in even deeper shit.

Dapplegrey2 Sun 26-Jun-16 17:45:38

I think Tom Watson's behaviour is pretty weird.

gunting Sun 26-Jun-16 17:49:40

Watson's statement he's finally put out is very lukewarm about Corbyn.

They are probably busy moving their money and making sure their assets are ok.

3amEternal Sun 26-Jun-16 17:51:16

The thing is they have whole teams behind them working out strategy. It's not a big ask for someone from government to come out and say a few words about what they're all doing.

noblegiraffe Sun 26-Jun-16 17:51:38

Leave don't have a plan. It was their plan not to have a plan. Their campaign manager detailed last year in his blog how having a plan was a bad idea for the campaign and should be avoided.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/eu_referendum_2016_/2671142-The-Leave-Campaign-dont-have-a-post-Brexit-plan

Quite why they thought the Remain camp should have a plan for an exit they weren't campaigning for and didn't believe in is beyond me.

Ohchristmastreeohchristmastree Sun 26-Jun-16 17:54:52

Hamishandthefoxes - Boris was playing cricket yesterday!!!!!

babybythesea Sun 26-Jun-16 18:00:51

I reckon Boris is on the train to Scotland. He's off to persuade Sturgeon to halt the invoking of Article 50 with this clause that there seems to be. He's been brushing his hair and practicing his one-liners. "Go on, Nic, what do you say? Then I don't have to do anything and won't look quite so much of a tosser. You know I've always liked you, don't you?"

noblegiraffe Sun 26-Jun-16 18:06:02

There was a lawyer on here yesterday saying that she had spotted something in Article 50 that could put a halt on leaving the EU. Was it this Scotland thing or has that always been a possibility?

Spinflight Sun 26-Jun-16 18:09:35

Did Boris make any runs or take any wickets?

Anyone know his batting average?

bringmelaughter Sun 26-Jun-16 18:10:40

Last time I looked Samantha Cameron wasn't a politician so can do whatever the hell she likes. Since when did we hold women responsible for their husband's job?

3amEternal Sun 26-Jun-16 18:26:36

I meant Sam'n'Dave together on a mini break, not her alone. Apologies.

Ohchristmastreeohchristmastree Sun 26-Jun-16 20:21:49

www.itv.com/news/update/2016-06-25/boris-gets-a-thundery-reception-on-his-way-to-cricket/

This was Boris yesterday.......!

A4Document Sun 26-Jun-16 20:58:14

It's the weekend. I expect there's a good deal going on behind the scenes. No doubt we'll be hearing plenty of updates from tomorrow.

Osborne has certainly been quiet!

noblegiraffe Sun 26-Jun-16 21:02:33

Boris has spent today whipping up support for his leadership campaign.

Everyone else has been constantly updating Twitter to see who has resigned from the shadow cabinet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now