Talk

Advanced search

But I didn't know! Why didn't anybody tell me?

(35 Posts)
LifeIsGoodish Sun 26-Jun-16 12:25:39

ARGH!!!

So many Brexiters have been saying this since Friday. Mostly about freedom of movement, but also about the immediate economic consequences.

How could they not have known? It was public! Was every newspaper, every commentator, every pundit, and everyone speaking in support of Remaining just part of some conspiracy? Had these Bregreters no power of independent thought?

So fed up. sad

WorraLiberty Sun 26-Jun-16 12:27:49

I'll tell you what I didn't know.

I didn't know this was going to be another fucking Brexit thread, from reading the title angry

Crunchymum Sun 26-Jun-16 12:28:41

Oh fuck off with yet another thread.

I'm sure there are at least 3 already discussing this?

Why do you think that 2 days after the result you have started a topic no one else had thought of OP?

WaitrosePigeon Sun 26-Jun-16 12:29:21

I haven't heard anyone say that.

AndNowItsSeven Sun 26-Jun-16 12:29:37

Probably because David Cameyon et al are like the boy who cried wolf.
They lied and screwed this country over since they came to power and people didn't believe them when they told the truth.

peachpudding Sun 26-Jun-16 12:30:02

what was it you didn't know, I want to know?

NoFuchsGiven Sun 26-Jun-16 12:30:02

Worra grin

Its not just MN the whole fucking internet is broken!

Baconyum Sun 26-Jun-16 12:30:03

One of the most vocal leave posters on here has admitted they didn't even do any research! FFs

HumphreyCobblers Sun 26-Jun-16 12:30:19

I expect there were lots of Remain voters who didn't know what the fuck they were voting for either.

sandrabedminster Sun 26-Jun-16 12:30:37

I doubt anyone has actually said that biscuit

Itriedtodohandstandsforyou Sun 26-Jun-16 12:31:31

Charming on here aren't they lifeisgoodish ? <avoiding the issue>

MoggyP Sun 26-Jun-16 12:31:36

Nah, it's not that many.

First time I've seen MNers give weight to DM comment though. Because that seems to the the origins of 'many'

Many is however, the number of threads on even this one aspect.

GhostofFrankGrimes Sun 26-Jun-16 12:32:03

I expect there were lots of Remain voters who didn't know what the fuck they were voting for either.

yes but a remain win wouldn't have sent the economy down the shitter.

NiceViper Sun 26-Jun-16 12:33:07

"Charming on here aren't they lifeisgoodish ? <avoiding the issue>"

Ooh, is this going to be a 'you're all bitches' thread?

<settles in>
<reaches for popcorn>

HumphreyCobblers Sun 26-Jun-16 12:33:20

maybe not today, but who knows what would happen to a bloated, fiscally corrupt/inept EU in the future?

JudyCoolibar Sun 26-Jun-16 12:33:39

WaitrosePigeon, if you haven't heard or read anyone saying that you must have had your fingers in your ears and your eyes tight shut.

Crunchymum Sun 26-Jun-16 12:34:00

Remain wasn't the vote to cause a catastrophic change though?

HumphreyCobblers Sun 26-Jun-16 12:35:22

But it may have been the vote to cause long term catastrophe.

MrsJayy Sun 26-Jun-16 12:35:25

Oh my godd not even a trigger warning could you not have asked this on any of the million and 1 threads that is on the go angry

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Sun 26-Jun-16 12:36:26

"I expect there were lots of Remain voters who didn't know what the fuck they were voting for either"

True, but if we had remained in the EU we always had the option of another referendum in the future, but once we leave that's it, we most likely won't be able to return. So an ignorant vote for remain is less damaging than an ignorant vote to leave.

SoupDragon Sun 26-Jun-16 12:36:41

What, exactly, is your AIBU question, OP?

Kimononono Sun 26-Jun-16 12:37:16

There is an actual place on here to put this instead of being fucking sneaky with a headline that suggests another topic.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Sun 26-Jun-16 12:37:21

It's so frustrating. Especially when they blame the remain campaign ok it wasn't the best campaign

They were told, over and over and over. sadangry

Kimononono Sun 26-Jun-16 12:40:02

Most of the MPs on tv this morning were saying we will be ok once we establish our footings - these were from the remain camp. So stop with the hysterics now it's attention seeking.

GhostofFrankGrimes Sun 26-Jun-16 12:42:12

of course they've changed their tune they are now trying to save their careers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now