Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to point out there is a section for Referendum chat?

(12 Posts)
SemiNormal Sun 26-Jun-16 12:22:37

Just that really. I know people are getting pissed off with it being all the place. It's right here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/eu_referendum_2016_

Apologies for another referendum thread in AIBU! blush

WorraLiberty Sun 26-Jun-16 12:25:45

YANBU to point it out

But YABU if you think people are going to use it, or MNHQ are going to move the threads (more's the pity).

We also have a Facebook section but no fucker uses that either grin

Crunchymum Sun 26-Jun-16 12:26:35

MNHQ need to step up and get all the the threads in AIBU and chat moved there.

soz I know it's Sunday MNHQ grin

peachpudding Sun 26-Jun-16 12:27:39

What is it saying in that thread about the issues?

SemiNormal Sun 26-Jun-16 12:30:20

It's going to go on for weeks/months isn't it?

AIBU to to throw my dog shit into my neighbours garden because he looks shifty and is clearly a Leave voter?

AIBU to secretly wish that my DH would choke to death on his Sunday lunch because he voted Remain?

AIBU to disinherit my DD since she disowned me over the way I voted in the referendum?

grin

AllegraWho Sun 26-Jun-16 12:31:18

YABU. Using the appropriate section would require doing some research, engaging brain, and making an informed opinion - and thus setting a very dangerous precedent.

If that sort of behaviour was allowed to continue, then we would end up in a situation where people actually cast their votes whilst aware of the.consequences of their choice.

Silly, silly OP.

JudyCoolibar Sun 26-Jun-16 12:31:54

YABU. To trot out a well-used phrase, you are not the Thread Police, and people can post wherever they like.

IABU to point out that no-one makes you click onto any thread you don't want to click on? And that there's a Hide facility?

WobbleYourHead Sun 26-Jun-16 12:32:28

YANBU I keep having to hide threads.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Sun 26-Jun-16 12:34:37

YANBU. I've not been spending as much time on MN since Friday as 75% of the active threads are about the referendum.

Get over it. Move on. We are still a member of the EU and we will be for a while yet.

OurBlanche Sun 26-Jun-16 12:34:37

Seing as I don't go directly to AIBU or Chat but look at Active, it desn't make any difference to me where they are!

And yes, it is going to continue for aaaaaaages

Which is a pity, as I really want to have a sensible conversation about the properly identified possibilities and ways to manage the equally properly identified threats, rather than yet more angry, overly personal hissy fits!

I have had my fill of the emtoition of it all, from politicians, posters and people I know in RL. I want some real, informed debates... pretty please

PaulAnkaTheDog Sun 26-Jun-16 12:39:48

I've barely been on since Friday because the endless threads and doing my nut in. A couple are fine but endless thread after thread, saying the same thing over and over is draining. Just post on the ones that are already bloody there. Think I'm going to take a mumsnet break to be honest.

WorraLiberty Sun 26-Jun-16 12:45:25

IABU to point out that no-one makes you click onto any thread you don't want to click on? And that there's a Hide facility?

Yes I agree, YABU to point that out.

The point is, a very high percentage of EU threads have no clue in the title. So you 'click', 'read', 'sigh', 'hit back button' and then start all over again and again and again...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now