This is what the leave vote has validated

(243 Posts)
SocksRock Sat 25-Jun-16 22:33:08

https://m.facebook.com/sarah.leblanc.718/albums/10101369198638985/

I voted remain. I'm ashamed of brin British right now.

SocksRock Sat 25-Jun-16 22:33:38

[https://m.facebook.com/sarah.leblanc.718/albums/10101369198638985/]

SocksRock Sat 25-Jun-16 22:33:53

m.facebook.com/sarah.leblanc.718/albums/10101369198638985/

SafariOrigami Sat 25-Jun-16 22:37:29

Jesus Christ

PeppaIsMyHero Sat 25-Jun-16 22:41:12

Speechless.

RJnomore1 Sat 25-Jun-16 22:42:11

I can't see it? Can you post. Photo or explain it?

It's because I'm not on FB

mothymoth Sat 25-Jun-16 22:42:13

what does it say, I don't have FB

Crunchymum Sat 25-Jun-16 22:42:43

I'm not on FB, what is in the link?

InShockReally Sat 25-Jun-16 22:42:48

Fucking awful

InShockReally Sat 25-Jun-16 22:43:28

It's a series of image captures of tweets and FB posts about racist behaviour. People being told to get out now that leave has "won".

SocksRock Sat 25-Jun-16 22:44:53

70 odd screenshots of tweets detailing disgusting racist incidents that have happened in the last 24 hours. A polish mum and her baby on a bus being told to fuck off home. A barrister being spat on and told we don't want you. Children being told they are vermin. People driving cars around shouting "out out out" at groups of Asian people. It goes on. And on. And on.

YourPerception Sat 25-Jun-16 22:45:25

I can't see.

BeYourselfUnlessUCanBeAUnicorn Sat 25-Jun-16 22:46:26

shock That is disgraceful and is making the leave voters look like the bunch of uneducated racists that many people said they were before the referendum, which I don't belie e they are but they aren't doing the leavers any favours at all. Thick, racists idiots! Makes me ashamed to be British too!

AdultingIsNotWhatIExpected Sat 25-Jun-16 22:46:32

I don't want to look, but I believe it, I've heard similar experiences happening to people I know sad

SukeyTakeItOffAgain Sat 25-Jun-16 22:48:09

Was this terrible shit bubbling under the surface the whole time? Or has it emerged because of austerity etc?
The referendum was a terrible thing. It's given perceived legitimacy to stuff like this.

What awful dreadful l people.

RedCrimson Sat 25-Jun-16 22:48:31

This is repulsive behaviour!
I hope those who are being attacked don't think we're all like it. I'm ashamed to be British right now, there's nothing "great" about it.

babybythesea Sat 25-Jun-16 22:48:42

Oh god. there are no words, just horror and shame.

I'm so embarrassed to be British right now.

SocksRock Sat 25-Jun-16 22:52:11

I don't know how to put the images on here, apologies I didn't know it wouldn't come up if you don't have Facebook. Makes me feel physically ill

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sat 25-Jun-16 22:53:10

That is absolutely horrific and every single one of those incidents should be challenged. Those racists would be racists every day but yes, it does seem as if their vile rants have - to them - been 'ratified' by Brexit. This isn't what I voted for.

JeanGenie23 Sat 25-Jun-16 22:53:36

This is the major concern for me. And I want to be clear I do not think for a second that all leavers are racist, however, those people who have held extremist views, now feel as they have been right all along.

This is one of the consequences of the vote that we don't really know how it will pan out. Will there be pockets of society that fight/riot? Will EDL and Britain First come out into the mainstream media and be the 'norm'?

I know I know before anyone says it I need to calm down...but I am genuinely concerned that a select group of people now feel it's socially acceptable to be racist, and not just say racially offensive things, but tell children it's ok to write slogans at school, be aggressive to non white people, in other words behave like Nazis.

The unknown of how bad this could become in some areas of the U.K, is terrifying

Teddy1970 Sat 25-Jun-16 22:54:43

I'm crying reading this, what in Gods name has happened? They're all horrific, but the Polish children in school thinking they were being sent home upset me the most.

InShockReally Sat 25-Jun-16 22:55:20

Was this terrible shit bubbling under the surface the whole time?

This is what I've been wondering all day. Was the accepting, caring, fairly intelligent nation I seemed to be a part of all bullshit?

Is this situation reversible somehow? How do we do it?

dailymaillazyjournos Sat 25-Jun-16 22:55:25

The leave vote has been a massive boost to the far right throughout Europe. As a Jewish looking Jewish woman from Russian and Polish families, it's terrible. This has really turned back the clock to a far less tolerant and nationalist past. Anyone who looks or sounds 'other' or is obviously not of British origins is so vulnerable right now. My late Father never dared say the words "Jew" or "Jewish" when he was out the house, so ingrained was the fear of abuse or worse. He wrote CofE on his call up papers because again, he was too frightened to admit his ethnicity. I feel like we are back there now. I fear for so many people in this country who are now targets for all this hate sad sad sad

GettingScaredNow Sat 25-Jun-16 22:57:49

Words fail me.

All the people defending the leave vote and up in arms at being told it was done for the wrong reasons... Here is your proof.

My kids are half English, half Algerian.
I'm cold at the idea they will be viewed this way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now