Talk

Advanced search

'we want our country back'

(9 Posts)
gunting Sat 25-Jun-16 16:16:12

Genuinely interested - what on earth do people mean by this?

I have seen a lot of leave voters on the news being asked their opinion and reasoning for voting leave and lots of them give this answer.

lljkk Sun 26-Jun-16 11:13:30

Fewer visible brown people. (not me, but that's what most people mean, I reckon!)

LumpySpacedPrincess Sun 26-Jun-16 13:57:43

lljkk sums it up.

I'm also trying to find out exactly when the "Good Old Days" were but I'm having no luck pinning down a decade...

gunting Sun 26-Jun-16 13:58:30

That it was I feared. I'm so disappointed.

stiffstink Sun 26-Jun-16 13:58:58

My reply to that phrase has been "it was always mine."

LostQueen Sun 26-Jun-16 13:59:51

People clearly want to go back to the days of "no blacks, no dogs, no Irish" sad

originalmavis Sun 26-Jun-16 14:00:23

If that what it looks like, you can fucking well keep it.

Just5minswithDacre Sun 26-Jun-16 17:55:19

Some people mean that in a horrible racist way, some mean 'no more Eurocrats', which split pretty much renders it an unusable phrase.

Luckymummy22 Sun 26-Jun-16 18:23:05

But what do they mean by country - England?

Then as a Scot in England i'm not welcome.

So if I feel unwelcome how must others feel ? Especially this who go back generations, it's their home & all they'be ever know? But they happy to have a different colour skin or ethinicity.

Or do they mean the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland? They'be effectively broken that up so they'll never have their country bacK.

I'm actually tempted to start a petition to drop the 'Great' as we'll never be Great again.

Disgusted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now