Talk

Advanced search

This is driving me mad!

(14 Posts)
Bookaboo Sat 25-Jun-16 09:45:45

I was looking forward to being able to move on, to think about and read about other things. But I can't seem to do it, and it's driving me mad!
At one point yesterday, I decided to log out of mumsnet and have a break. This lasted about 4 hours!
However much I try to unplug myself from the Internet, I just can't seem to stop thinking about it all.

Letmehaveausername Sat 25-Jun-16 10:45:44

So you're here to complain that you can't step away from the computer? Or have a stealth boast that you managed to stay offline for 4 hours? grin

I'm obsessively reading the news and alternating between cross checking facts between mn and news stories. I am so very tired of hearing and seeing and thinking about it too, I wish it would all just fuck off now tbh (as I rewatch the referendum coverage on bbc parliament). But I have one last important question to ask before I decide to actually unplug and get on with my day sad

Bookaboo Sat 25-Jun-16 10:54:06

a stealth boast! Ha ha , no, that's not my style.
I might log off, but the ill be reading the paper later instead!
Ooh, what is the last important question?

Letmehaveausername Sat 25-Jun-16 11:05:32

Wrote a thread about it but think it's low down on the priorities atm but it suddenly occurred to me that the old mayor of London was a sexist prick who regularly made derogatory comments about women. Is that the same Boris now wanting to be PM? Cause if it is I think that's the true tradegy, having a man who so blatently doesn't give a crap about women in charge. That's a terrifying thought, right now the rest can wait. The new PM will come before Brexit and if we've got a man in charge who thinks men are the bees knees and all us wimmen should be at home in the kitchen, we may really have fucked ourselves over

Letmehaveausername Sat 25-Jun-16 11:06:10

At least, I'm almost positive that's who the sexist prick was

Bookaboo Sat 25-Jun-16 11:28:03

Ah, just seen it. Replied there.
Amusing that auto correct wants to change 'Boris' to 'virus'.

Letmehaveausername Sat 25-Jun-16 11:44:03

Virus sounds about right grin

WhatsGoingOnEh Sat 25-Jun-16 21:54:30

I'm obsessed too! I have been for weeks and it's not getting any better.

On the plus side, the EU ref was the only thing that EVER got me interested in politics. And I've been reading 2-3 newspapers a day. And I am really well-versed in the subject now.

On the downside, my house is a mess, I must be haemorrhaging FB friends with all the links I post, DH thinks I've gone obsessed, and I'm just reasing about EU, Brexit, etc ALL DAY.

StealthPolarBear Sat 25-Jun-16 21:56:10

I wasn't really interested. Was looking forward to it all being over...now we're on our way out and it's all I can think about. I can't believe we're losing what we're losing and half the country actively want it.

Bookaboo Sat 25-Jun-16 23:25:36

Me too whats.
I don't often post on FB, but went a bit crazy yesterday morning. Friends probably thought I'd lost it a bit as I usually think FB isn't the place for politics.
I have a permanent referendum headache!

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 26-Jun-16 00:36:22

My DH isn't interested in it at ALL. He said earlier, "are you still thinking about this? It's over, it's done."

I think most of the U.K. is still thinking about this, aren't they? Am I the weird one??

Bookaboo Sun 26-Jun-16 10:40:32

I got interrogated about it by DH this morning, asking what I was reading. This is what every spare moment is being devoted to and I hate it!
But I feel that I can't rest until I've made sense of it all.

Bookaboo Sun 26-Jun-16 10:41:53

Ok, I'm going to log off now and will try not to come back until tonight!

Letmehaveausername Sun 26-Jun-16 11:17:33

I've BBC politics on (because I've watched all the other channels already) and flicking through every new news story so far this morning, as well as reading mn politics and I've effectively bored the kids half to death with my normal duties (making junk models with them) having been suspended this morning because they didn't let me have a lay in

Need a political break today grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now