Talk

Advanced search

"Well, one good thing about that is that I'm paid in euros"

(3 Posts)
ArcheryAnnie Fri 24-Jun-16 12:39:58

Journalist Jamie Ross: "It looks like the value of the pound has plummeted in the past few hours"

UKIP MEP David Coburn: "Well, one good thing about that is that I'm paid in euros"

These people who hate Europe, and who have dropped the rest of us in the shit because of their hate, are paid more than £80k a year (not counting their very considerable expenses) for dropping us in the shit. Not that they turn up regularly to any of the sessions, mind.

I really hope there is a bureaucrat somewhere in the bowels of the European Parliament who is quietly clicking "delete" on the direct debits that pay these fuckers.

Thunderwing Fri 24-Jun-16 12:44:48

I just wonder if UKIP will now cease to exist as a party... seeing as the party is now effectively redundant?

Also, MEPs are now out of a job right?

ArcheryAnnie Fri 24-Jun-16 12:50:21

I would place no bets on how much despised European money UKIP (personally and as a body) will try to squeeze out of the EU before they are kicked out.

I'd guess it's a lot, though. Farage employs bodyguards and charges that to his expenses, for example.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now