Talk

Advanced search

Can we still buy a house? Should we?

(5 Posts)
crystalgall Fri 24-Jun-16 06:54:05

Sorry. Just need some help here

We sold out house in October and having been living with inlaws since then. Currently looking to buy.

How does the vote affect that now? Is this a terrible time to buy? What's going to happen to house prices? Is our money worth less now? Will people take their houses off the market/not sell anymore because they won't get a good price?

I'm so confused and not sure if the financial implications. We can't live at inlaws forever!

Thanks

crystalgall Fri 24-Jun-16 07:42:25

Bumping amid all the madness.

crystalgall Fri 24-Jun-16 14:04:06

Bumping for the afternoon crowd smile

Chris1234567890 Fri 24-Jun-16 18:33:37

In the midst of the hysteria, there has been 1 prediction of a 5% drop in values, from one pundit. That's it.
The housing market won't be dramatically affected either way. Never was going to be, despite some posters predicting Armageddon. Carry on with your life. Exit can't happen for 2 years, and even then it's unpicking the Lisbon treaty, not casting the island out into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
Deutchebank informed investors that the London housing market had peaked at the back end of last year (irrespective of Brexit) so there will always be those who call a peak, and those who talk up the market. Nothing in the EU alliance has any effect on that. Mark Carney Bank of England, is not unsettled. The housing market will do what the housing market does. Those hoping for a 50% crash, will still be disappointed, those hoping for dramatic 'remain gains' on the under supply gravy train, will be disappointed. Just IMO.

JoJoSM2 Fri 24-Jun-16 21:22:05

I'd buy rather than stay with the in laws. To be on the safe side, you could choose a house that you could add value to in case the prices drop a bit. And I wouldn't overstretch myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now