Talk

Advanced search

Help me stop panicking

(44 Posts)
Beepie Fri 24-Jun-16 05:23:10

Any remain people out there who can help me stop panicking? Is there any way this is all going to be ok?

Bostin Fri 24-Jun-16 05:24:43

I am wondering the same thing.

Chchchchangeabout Fri 24-Jun-16 05:25:25

Hello fellow remain person. Well for a start no one actually knows what will happen, so many things might be more ok than we think.

Figgygal Fri 24-Jun-16 05:25:52

Nope sorry am in crying mode already my life is now fucked

Rinceoir Fri 24-Jun-16 05:27:43

I'm up panicking. Going to go and exercise to try and relax. Husband is sitting up watching our savings be absolutely decimated. And wondering if his job is safe. Not a good day in this house.

ermmm Fri 24-Jun-16 05:30:57

has Camaron got it in him to just say fuck it we ain't leaving?
Doesn't look good - maybe only for short term but for those at the bottom that short term will proper screw us up.

PrettyDumb Fri 24-Jun-16 05:32:46

I think the EU will try to make us stay and offer us a better deal.

I think Cameron will take the deal.

I think Farage will be bribed to shut up and fuck off.

And everything will go back to how it was.

Ringadingdingdong22 Fri 24-Jun-16 05:34:18

My stomach is in knots. I feel really worried about what the future holds.

LimpidPools Fri 24-Jun-16 05:36:06

I don't think that's how referendums work. I think the result is out and we're stuck with it now. And much good may it do us.

Figgygal Fri 24-Jun-16 05:37:21

Doesn't matter what deal they offer we are out......and fucked!

helpbuyingahouse Fri 24-Jun-16 05:38:49

Complete panic here too, I think I might have a heart attack (not joking). I started smoking again this morning after many years.

What to do? I KNOW that things won't be fine

Rinceoir Fri 24-Jun-16 05:39:34

Well in Ireland we've been known to rerun referendums until we get the right answer... Then again we have a lot of referendums! I think a lot of people are going to be very shocked by the economic impact. I suppose a recession is a good way of keeping us immigrants out.

Duckstar Fri 24-Jun-16 05:42:02

A remain person here. Obviously disappointed with the result. There's a lot of unknown; however, we live in a democracy and the majority (just) have spoken. The result is a shock, my DH works in the financial services, and who knows what will happen; however, panicking is not going to help anything.

In the next few weeks plans will emerge about exit. Other countries survive outside the EU.

New Zealand and Australia were faced with similar problem when the UK joined the ECM (lost big trading advantage with UK) - they adapted and survived.

The UK will find a new path - it's just not clear what that will be. What we need now is certainity, not for people to panic, resign etc.

Beepie Fri 24-Jun-16 05:43:01

Ok. Thank you Pretty, I'm going to hold on to that while I try to breathe flowers

We are just potentially fucked here in so many ways. Jobs, pensions, everything. And we weren't remotely rich by any means.

Beepie Fri 24-Jun-16 05:44:10

Thank you Duck. Working on the deep breaths now! flowers

RJnomore1 Fri 24-Jun-16 05:45:03

Oh no.

I'm in Scotland and this will start the whole Indy shit again.

I can't believe this.

StealthPolarBear Fri 24-Jun-16 05:48:56

Thank you duckstar

Hassled Fri 24-Jun-16 05:49:47

Well the £ is already at its lowest level since 1985. I think there's plenty of good reasons to be panicking. This is going to be a whole heap of shit.

ermmm Fri 24-Jun-16 05:55:46

eill Cameron hold on till this deal comes from EU.
Or will boris just throw it back anyhow in the name of 'freedom'?😕

peggyundercrackers Fri 24-Jun-16 05:57:16

Panicking? Crying? Seriously you need to get a grip.

Freshprincess Fri 24-Jun-16 05:58:21

So so shocked. I'm really worried as well.

StealthPolarBear Fri 24-Jun-16 06:00:44

Peggy I'd usually think the same but I do think this is one of those situations where crying and controlled amount of panic are understandable

FreeButtonBee Fri 24-Jun-16 06:03:33

I'm going to lose my job. And given I pay a fucking shit load of tax, you should be very worried.

NI is going to explode. Brilliant. Another civil war and the border up again. I lived that once, I wanted my parents to be able to retire in peace.

My life will be destroyed. Yes it's a little London bubble life but it's my fucking life and I liked it. And yes I cried.

Figgygal Fri 24-Jun-16 06:03:58

Peggy Sorry my life is up in the air right now the house move our lives have been on hold over for the last 7 months is now down the toilet and I'm going to have to pretty much make homeless the tenants that were moving into our house when we vacated as we can't now leave. So yes actually mine and others peoples lives have been ruined by this so I will fucking cry over it

RJnomore1 Fri 24-Jun-16 06:04:00

It's actually not legally binding. As its so close I wonder if Cameron will have balls to do something else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now