Talk

Advanced search

Surely if things look like crashing parliament can just put breaks on it?

(8 Posts)
3amEternal Fri 24-Jun-16 05:13:17

Thank for your opinion but it's too dangerous for economy to do this right now? No?

Justchanged Fri 24-Jun-16 05:16:15

how can they? No one can claim that people weren't warned what would happen. We are all poorer this morning and not just economically.

Hassled Fri 24-Jun-16 05:48:23

I wish they could but no, I don't think they can. Cameron will have to fall on his sword which will mean an election and then fuck knows what idiot we'll be left with. I'm just in despair.

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 24-Jun-16 05:49:14

Yes they can, legally. But they won't.

3amEternal Fri 24-Jun-16 05:53:22

Hmm, I dunno. If a slide into recession can be halted I think they will say they were obliged to stop that happening. I also wonder if the EU will offer an enormous sweetener which means us staying on our own terms and giving enough concessions to the leavers.
I am remain by the way but trying to see a calm way forward...

ipsogenix Fri 24-Jun-16 07:35:01

I also hope that some sensible arrangement can be reached. I'm remain, but I think that if people are so angry as to take such a huge step through the polling booth then it's good that they had that opportunity rather than resorting to civil war, which would have been the old fashioned answer.

Lets all keep calm and think about what to do about it now.

Costacoffeeplease Fri 24-Jun-16 07:55:31

I very much doubt it

OrangesandLemonsNow Fri 24-Jun-16 07:58:12

People were given a vote. They voted.

If the decision was to be reversed there would be anarchey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now