Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Well, I've narrowed it down to a choice of two.

(18 Posts)
girlinacoma Wed 22-Jun-16 22:10:01

Feel like I'm doing well grin

Anyone else?

Threepineapples Wed 22-Jun-16 22:26:36

grin

DancingDinosaur Wed 22-Jun-16 22:27:24

Haha, same here!

starry0ne Wed 22-Jun-16 22:28:05

I LOL at your title...I am pretty much the same

puffylovett Wed 22-Jun-16 22:29:29

Me too grin

albertcampionscat Wed 22-Jun-16 22:29:55

One way of looking at it is that OUT throws you into the unknown, so unless you're sure that almost anything is better than what there is now IN is the better bet.

DancingDinosaur Wed 22-Jun-16 22:30:28

Hmmm

EveryoneElsesMumSaidYes Wed 22-Jun-16 22:31:15

Well I used to be indecisive but now I'm not sure confused
The problem is they all seem so shifty I don't trust any of them.

Just5minswithDacre Wed 22-Jun-16 22:32:49

grin Good start. Now what?

Limer Wed 22-Jun-16 22:39:03

Remain isn't a vote for the status quo, it's a vote for ever-closer-union in an EU superstate, with more poorer countries lined up to join. The wealth of the richer ones is transferred to the poorer ones, while in return they export their youth unemployment to us. The social, political and economic model of one-size-fits-all, which coupled with the Euro, is a proven disaster for most of Southern Europe.

albertcampionscat Wed 22-Jun-16 22:44:11

a) We're not in the Euro.
b) We have a veto over further countries joining. Turkey, in particular, are about as likely to join as I am to win Wimbledon.
c) We haven't paid into any EU
bailouts and won't to any further ones.

Ouriana Wed 22-Jun-16 22:47:00

This inspiration twitter post has been doing the rounds on my social media and helped me decide.
Lets leave and go somewhere hot!!

starry0ne Wed 22-Jun-16 22:47:23

Oh actually I am worse than I was as previously I was pretty certain..Now I really feel completely divided.

albertcampionscat Wed 22-Jun-16 23:07:48

Alright, another one. The leave campaign has been one lie after another. Turkey will join! We give the EU £350m a week! To quote Ruth Davidson, we deserve better.

This is short, and I think interesting:
mainlymacro.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/why-defeating-brexit-is-so-important.html?m=1

MaryPoppinsPenguins Wed 22-Jun-16 23:15:54

We can always vote for a new government, but we will probably never get the chance to rejoin the EU again.

We have such a favourable membership. We only pay 0.1% of our GDP compared with other members who pay much more... We also didn't have to sign Schengen.

It seems a pointless thing to leave, we will still have to pay to trade but will get absolutely no say in the laws that govern it.

I haven't yet heard a good (or accurate!) reason for voting out... hmm

shinytorch2 Wed 22-Jun-16 23:28:16

The EU WILL change over the next 1-5-10-20 years. No one can dispute that. In all likelihood, more countries will join, because that's part of the political project, to keep enlarging the European area and bring more countries into the fold. They are less wealthy than us. Therefore wealth will be transferred from this country (and other rich countries) to those countries. It depends on your point of view whether you think that is a good thing. Europe is also becoming more eurosceptic:

europe.newsweek.com/nearly-half-voters-eight-eu-countries-want-own-brexit-referendum-457412

We're not in the euro today....Lord Heseltine thinks it is inevitable that we will join one day. A future PM could take us into it

We did contribute to the bail out of Ireland
www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11766346

Take a look at this graphic to see who owes what money to whom. Look on the right hand side to see if the country is low, medium or high risk as a loan counterpart.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15748696

elfycat Wed 22-Jun-16 23:30:52

My sister came up with a good idea.

Look at your tummy button. If it's an inny vote in. If it's an outy... vote out.

Strangely this seems to make as much sense as anything else. I will be wearing separates to the polling station in case I forget what I'm voting for and I can have a quick check wink

hubris Thu 23-Jun-16 00:32:33

LOL girl and elfy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now