Talk

Advanced search

Will threatening the pensioners backfire on Cameron?

(9 Posts)
shinytorch2 Sun 12-Jun-16 22:02:14

blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/06/david-camerons-brexit-threat-pensioners-new-low/

More Project Fear?

claig Sun 12-Jun-16 22:10:37

I think so because no one believes a word he says any more and it will anger them that he is treating them like fools.

EnthusiasmDisturbed Sun 12-Jun-16 22:14:43

Yes

Too many threats they are looking like they are panicking

SpringingIntoAction Sun 12-Jun-16 22:17:36

Most of the pensioners I've met have already voted by postal vote (Leave usually) and pay not attention to Cameron's vile scare-mongering.

However I did meet one elderly lady weeks ago who was genuinely cared about her pension being taken away. We had to reassure her that it wouldn't happen.

My contempt for Cameron rose after that experience when I saw the effect his fear-mongering ad on those vulnerable people and it reached new heights today when he reiterated the threat.

If the UK economy will be short of money there are many things that could be cut before you start cutting hard-won Uk pensions.

I was so angry that i spent 4 hours leafletting and hope he gets kicked out on 24 June.

This country should not be led by a PM who browbeats vulnerable people into surrendering their democratic rights - at the behest of Goldman Sachs and big corporations. I am furious.

FinnegansCake Sun 12-Jun-16 22:20:48

Too late, apparently my DM has already voted by post! She only listens to Nigel anyway, because "he has such a nice face, and always wears a tie" hmm

claig Sun 12-Jun-16 22:25:16

FinnegansCake, it is the spirit of your DM that will bring us victory over Cameron and all the other servants of Goldman Sachs and the bankers. smile

shinytorch2 Sun 12-Jun-16 22:26:30

Seemed surprising he came out with this after his bestie George O had been cornered by Andrew Neil over the triple lock, so beloved of DC...

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07gbjs7/the-andrew-neil-interviews-leave-or-remain-2-george-osborne-mp

Bet Cameron is wishing he'd never offered a referendum now....

SpringingIntoAction Sun 12-Jun-16 22:28:38

I hope he has a lot of sleepless nights after the anguish he is causing.

FinnegansCake Sun 12-Jun-16 23:02:22

claig - yes, I fear it will! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now