I don't really get it but..

(16 Posts)
pouncehill Fri 10-Jun-16 20:31:52

There's a post on Facebook saying Magic Stars can't be sold out of the EU <whimpers>

I'm not registered to vote but is it wrong to think we should stay in solely for this reason??

(If we can keep our chocolate and leave I'll vote out)

BonitaFangita Fri 10-Jun-16 20:33:52

YANBU

Winterbiscuit Sat 11-Jun-16 00:04:00

Don't worry, you can still get Magic Stars if the UK leaves the EU smile

pouncehill Sat 11-Jun-16 00:50:55

Thankyou winterbiscuit!
I will sleep a little sounder tonight

pouncehill Sat 11-Jun-16 08:37:50

Thankyou winterbiscuit!
I will sleep a little sounder tonight

Coconutty Sat 11-Jun-16 08:39:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WidowWadman Sat 11-Jun-16 10:21:49

Coconutty - really? So you'd like to see the economy fucked over to be able to increase unnecessary waste? And is it even an EU thing? Wales had paid for carrier bags for ages. What's so hard about keeping some reusable bags in the car?

Coconutty Sat 11-Jun-16 10:40:13

MrsBlackthorn Sat 11-Jun-16 11:14:40

I think Coconutty is joking - but just in case, the carrier bag charge was introduced by the UK government. The EU doesn't have powers over that kind of thing.

Coconutty Sat 11-Jun-16 11:44:36

pouncehill Sat 11-Jun-16 13:16:14

Honestly I would probably vote out (now that I know magic stars are safe). Quite purely because I fancy a change

Winterbiscuit Sat 11-Jun-16 15:44:19

On the other hand Coconutty, it may be less risky to leave the EU. People say we don't know what Brexit would be like, but we don't know what the EU is going to be like in the years and decades ahead.

pouncehill Sat 11-Jun-16 16:08:41

I'm a bit hmm that all the arguments for in are all based on "predictions". I've yet to see some really hard facts

WidowWadman Sat 11-Jun-16 19:00:26

So what are the out arguments based on, other than sheer fantasy and wishful thinking?

littledrummergirl Sat 11-Jun-16 19:58:49

The ability to have a British elected government make laws that work for Britain without interference from an unelected commission.

The British governments right to decide who is invited to live in Britain. I.e. people who are able to fulfill a need in our society rather than anyone who lives in a geographical area.

The opportunity to spend all of our tax money where the elected British government decides it should be used.

The right to change the people who make these decisions if you don't agree with them.

pouncehill Sun 12-Jun-16 00:23:43

I'm not politically minded. I don't understand how it all works in all honesty. I'm trying to as it does affect me and will have knock on effects for my DS generation.

I've read up on the in and out views and they both make good points. But it's all just predictions isn't it? We don't truly know what will happen either way unless we actually experience it (that's as deep as I'll go into it).
I do like hearing people's opinions though, it's rather fascinating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now