Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you think we will stay or go?

(536 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Tue 17-May-16 17:21:33

sorry its the EU.

i don't know that much but my gut feeling is we should stay.

however i think we will leave because strength of feeling seems to lay with the leavers wheras i think stayers might beless likely to vote or be in the not that fussed camp.

formerbabe Tue 17-May-16 17:28:38

I think the opposite of you. I think we should leave but I think in will win by a small majority.

Madbengalmum Tue 17-May-16 17:30:40

Its a very close call, i think the in vote will probably win due to the amount of scaremongering from the stay campaign. It will be close though.

ThinkPinkStink Tue 17-May-16 17:32:51

I will vote stay, I hope we will stay, I'm scared we won't.

The message of change is always stronger than the message of stay the same...

Hassled Tue 17-May-16 17:33:43

Interesting thing I read somewhere (Buzzfeed?) today saying that in online polls, Leave is in the majority while in telephone polls, Remain has the lead. The theory was that people are more likely to be honest in an anonymous online poll.

Personally I'd be absolutely gutted if we left. I think there will be a huge amount of regret a few years down the line when the real implications filter through.

x2boys Tue 17-May-16 17:35:19

I think we should leave bit I think we will stay I think it will. Be like the Scottish referendum a close call but in the end the majority are afraid of change .

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 17-May-16 17:36:40

I think we should leave.

I think we'll stay.

alltouchedout Tue 17-May-16 17:36:41

I hope we will stay, I'm scared we will leave.

Kitty3E Tue 17-May-16 17:38:09

I registered to late to vote but if i could i would say go, the fact the gov are trying to push and manipulate the situation to stay makes me want to go even more.
Dont trust those mofos

TheFear Tue 17-May-16 17:38:39

Could someone explain briefly why on earth you'd leave the eu?
I live in Ireland and being part of the European union has transformed our country, in a positive sense, in my opinion.
I don't understand why the idea of leaving is even getting any credence.
Tell me I'm thick if you like but I don't get it.

EatinAintCheatin Tue 17-May-16 17:39:16

I think we should stay, I suspect we will leave though ....this is in no way scientific its just based on how vocal the "leave" rs seem to be

formerbabe Tue 17-May-16 17:41:08

Could someone explain briefly why on earth you'd leave the eu?

Undemocratic, bureaucratic, waste of money, lack of control over our borders, uncontrolled immigration causing massive pressure on public services.

Now can you tell me why we should stay?

BornFreeButinEUchains Tue 17-May-16 17:45:04

For anyone who is not sure, this is a very good short film explaining the basics.

I personally feel everyone should have to watch it before they vote.

It has a rounder feel to it, rather than some of the narrow focus we have had over trade etc.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0

BornFreeButinEUchains Tue 17-May-16 17:45:36

BTW It has many contributors, its not a NF film blush

MrsMushrooms Tue 17-May-16 17:46:34

I would like to Stay but it seems a bit too close to call. There's a lot of scaremongering on both sides, Madbengalmum, but I think the truth is that the country is just genuinely divided, whatever the campaigns are doing.

Hassled Tue 17-May-16 17:47:25

BornFree - that's hardly what you'd call impartial, is it? It's called Brexit: The Movie grin

scaryteacher Tue 17-May-16 18:02:18

'The message of change is always stronger than the message of stay the same...'

The problem is that we are voting for the unknown if we vote remain, not the status quo. We have no more idea of what the EU will look like in a decade, than what the situation will be if we leave. I'd rather leave and have control of our own destiny than be sucked into a superstate that even now can't organise a thoughtful and practical response to the Greek problem, the migrant crisis, other than 'more Europe', and let's kick the can further down the road. It is run by a man who is a self confessed liar (Juncker), and I want no part of it.

I will be voting out.

BornFreeButinEUchains Tue 17-May-16 18:22:54

Impartial no,

but in my view utterly critical watching.

On these boards at least and some people in RL I have not heard over all solid views for staying in,

If people watched this - and still wanted to REMAIN, I would personally respect their opinions much more.

There is so much more at stake here than trade deals.

This is the path we follow for decades, forever more when generations can't remember what democracy is/was anymore shock.

BornFreeButinEUchains Tue 17-May-16 18:24:56

The problem is that we are voting for the unknown if we vote remain, not the status quo. We have no more idea of what the EU will look like in a decade

couldnt agree more, its the fear of what the eu will turn into, it has already changed past any recognition in my life time.

Tiggeryoubastard Tue 17-May-16 18:28:42

^ totally agree. And it's decided by people that aren't concerned about our interests. I hope it's out, but I think it'll be a very very close result to stay.

VulcanWoman Tue 17-May-16 18:31:43

I want to leave but think we will stay, as most people don't like change.

CaptainMarvelDanvers Tue 17-May-16 18:35:01

I think we should stay but I think we are going to go.

I know people who don't like to vote in general and local elections but they are going to vote in the referendum.

silverpenny Tue 17-May-16 18:38:27

We won't leave. 55/45 to stay in. It will be the same as Indy Ref in Scotland. People who want change make the most noise while a silent majority want the status quo

JinRamen Tue 17-May-16 18:41:43

I agree it will go like indyref. Everyone saying leave but ultimately it will die out in a puff of smoke and we will stay.

TornUpPaper Tue 17-May-16 18:44:45

I hope we'll stay. If nothing else the right to roam is a huge thing and something amazing for our children to have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now