David Cameron says Brexit will start World War 3!

(13 Posts)
BritBrit Mon 09-May-16 10:29:24

David Cameron loses the plot big time & shows he desperation. He claims if we leave the EU it will start world war 3 & lead to genocide! He clearly has no legitimate arguments to stay in the EU, project fear in overdrive

Thoughts?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3580485/David-Cameron-ramps-EU-referendum-struggle-warning-Brexit-lead-WAR-continent.html

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 09-May-16 10:41:02

He's getting desperate. Scare tactics.

All the money the government is throwing at the remain campaign, and its still looking remarkably close in the polls.

Tiggeryoubastard Mon 09-May-16 10:47:18

If we vote out any child conceived after that date will have six fingers on each hand will be the next argument.
It's so pathetic and transparent and following on from his pitiful attempts at negotiation with the EU recently I have to wonder if secretly he wants us out. I hope this is the case because otherwise it's terrifying that someone so stupid, in self aware and arrogant in his thinking that anyone will fall for it, is running the country. Shades of Blair hopefully without the mutders and profiteering.

MephistophelesApprentice Mon 09-May-16 10:49:39

Perhaps a slight exaggeration of his point.

However, to those who would say that we need to remain in a European alliance to preserve peace, they said the same things about the Triple Entente, the League of Nations and the UN - none of which have a particularly good record of preventing war or genocide. Indeed, the interlocking alliances of the triple entente dragged Britain into a war it would rather have avoided. I think the EU will do the same.

AnnaForbes Mon 09-May-16 11:26:11

I have just posted on another EU Ref thread about this. I listed a number of points which illustrated how the EU has led to instability across Europe and further afield.

Firstly, the EU could well start a war with Russia, it is certainly provoking Russia with its expansionist plans at the moment and things could escalate quickly. I suspect the EU army is a part of this plan.

Across the EU there is civil unrest, people are angry. Austerity is taking it's toll on the good people of Greece.

We have a million people admitted into the EU via Germany, mainly young men from a very different culture. Assimilating such a huge number of people in a short space of time is impossible and in the meantime they are getting bored, angry and disillusioned.

Trained Jihadists are moving freely around the EU, at least 5000 according to Europol and we are facing the highest terror threat in years.

The EU is the thing most likely to destroy Europe. Cameron is a desperate liar; we need to leave the EU, it will be the source of war.

Winterbiscuit Mon 09-May-16 11:35:38

Good points Mephistopheles. History we can learn from.

Kelandry Mon 09-May-16 16:09:40

I hear we will drift away from Europe, and fall right off the edge of the world.
While falling through the abyss, scotland breaks free....and Europe throws it a lifeline, ignoring the screams of the rest of us! The severed edge of land that was once our border with Scotland sprouts volcanoes and we all perish under a wave of lava.
Or, maybe we'll be OK.

Winterbiscuit Mon 09-May-16 17:07:08

There's going to be some discussion of this on PM, just started on Radio 4.

Kelandry Mon 09-May-16 17:47:11

Thanks winter, I ran to my radio to catch it.....very interesting.

STIDW Mon 09-May-16 20:18:38

If Cameron had claimed Brexit would start WW3 he would indeed have been scaremongering, but he didn't say that. Instead he argued that the EU is good for British stability & security. It's the DM & other Brexiters who are guilty of Project Fantasy.

See the transcript of the PMs speech;

www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-speech-on-the-uks-strength-and-security-in-the-eu-9-may-2016

SpringingIntoAction Mon 09-May-16 20:26:15

Will this Third World War start in 45 minutes?

He has made himself look a laughing stock.

The man who said he had 'ruled nothing out' if he failed to get his 'EU reforms - it seems he would have been prepared toleave and inflict war, conflict and genocide on us.

WTF is he even offering us a referendum which, if we get the vote wrong, we will suffer war, conflict and genocide? Idiot.

The truth is that leaving doesn't really matter at all, because if it did we would never have been offered the option of leaving in the fist place - like we would never be offered the option of a referendum on the really serious stuff - shall we nuke Russia Y/N?

The more he ramps up Project Fear the more people are determined not to be taken in by it.

Where do you go from 'war', conflict. genocide' .

He's going to need a strait-jacket by 23 June at this rate. He's becoming hysterical and embarrassing.

No wonder they had to announce Chilcot publication date today to take the Press attention away from Cameron and his stupidity.

The truth is that people are starting to see through the EU scam and realise that it is the biggest confidence trick ever perpetrated on the British people.

It's time to leave this failed, expensive EU experiment and take our country back.

Winterbiscuit Tue 10-May-16 00:10:14

"Lord Howard... has criticised the argument of former MI6 boss Sir John Sawers that the EU provides a "legal framework" for data sharing which in turn helps keep Britain safe."

"What Sir John has said is based on conjecture," he said. "It’s based on the conjecture that we won’t be able to make perfectly satisfactory arrangements on data sharing when we leave."

"We have more to offer than the rest of the EU. Our intelligence services are by far the best and most effective in the EU."

Lord Howard also dismissed Sir John’s claim the EU provides a "legal framework" for data sharing.

"There is no legal framework for the way in which we share data with the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand," he said."

Michael Howard on Radio 4

Winterbiscuit Wed 11-May-16 16:52:44

Liam Fox: Brexit Will Expose EU's Defence Weaknesses - BBC Newsnight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now