Talk

Advanced search

Dealing with a child who steals

(2 Posts)
Swirlyclouds Wed 29-Aug-18 10:43:25

Hi

My first post and looking for some opinions please. My son regularly plays with a neighbour's child - they are friendly but not exactly friends. He spends a good deal of time in our house and I make am effort to include him in activities we're doing. I have noticed over the past couple of years that a few bits and pieces have gone missing. I've not said anything - have just let it go as I had no proof he might have taken it. This weekend I am fairly certain he pocketed something not belonging to him. My son asked him what was in his pockets - he muttered some excuse and made a very hasty exit. I don't want to accuse or blame. But I don't really want him in the house. And I would rather like the items back - am quite fond of them! Any suggestions as to how I could manage this? Thanks

MumUnderTheMoon Sun 02-Sep-18 22:43:11

Knock on his parents door tell them somethings are gone from the house and ask if their dc brought them home by mistake, this means that they won't go on the defensive. If this doesn't work you could get in touch with the police. I just so don't have him back, tell your dc not to invite him and if he calls tell him he can't come in, don't make excuses just say no.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: