Talk

Advanced search

Loud music

(4 Posts)
lola212121 Tue 07-Aug-18 18:05:35

I get the feeling that people get from music because I get it too ... classical music relaxes me , trance music gives me euphoria but I use headphones .

pennycarbonara Sun 05-Aug-18 10:47:09

Not everyone grows out of that - some people in their 40s and 50s still get that effect. (And probably older - I just haven't heard them say so.) Just a bit more particular about the kind of music.

PeckhamPauline Sun 05-Aug-18 10:40:45

For some people, particularly the young, very loud music has an actual physical, energising effect on the body. It can be akin to taking a drug.

Sadly this effect wears off as people get older (in my experience) and I guess many of us forget that it was ever even a thing.

lola212121 Sat 14-Jul-18 20:04:07

Why do people play music extremely loud to do household chores or just to lounge about ? I can understand when Partying . ATM my neighbour is blasting children's nursery rhymes and it is very loud and I can hear it down street . I don't understand the mentality . Please educate me .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: