Talk

Advanced search

Invitation to baby event w/o family

(3 Posts)
Mia848 Sat 11-Nov-17 23:21:26

One of our very close family friends recently had twins. I got an invitation to the babies’ naming ceremony which they were keeping quite low profile. I was asked to join without my husband and children because they did not want to risk any infection to their kids (healthy normal babies). In our close friend circle, every single event any of us ever had had always been a family invitation- my children’s naming ceremonies, birthdays,etc etc. They played with my kids from day1 and always claimed we are like family.
Also, I got the message from the husband on behalf of the wife ( to whom I speak to daily).
Am I right to be offended about this or am I not seeing things from their perspective as 1st time Parents?

Pennywhistle Sun 12-Nov-17 14:28:30

Don’t be offended, give them time.

I suspect that limiting numbers and messages from her DH is more to d with how your friend is faring than how the babies are.

She doesn’t have to behave the way you did, or do the things you did.

She might not be coping well.

Give her a break, give her some time.

Be a good friend.

mouseistrapped Sun 19-Nov-17 19:03:59

Possibly she's overwhelmed by having twins . It is strange and she knows it as that's why she's asked her husband to deliver the news.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now