Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

party invitation

(5 Posts)
emmael Thu 02-Nov-17 21:49:51

My daughter and I have received a Christmas party invite from the family of her school friend. I have met the mother just once so I barely know her. I know that my partner (not my daughter's father) would love to come too. I haven't mentioned the party to him yet. I asked my daughter if I should ask the mother if he can come too but she thinks it's her old school crowd and their parents and he wouldn't know anyone so it'd be odd. It's true he has not met anyone who will be there but I'm concerned he'll be hurt as he always takes me to everything he's invited to. Is it rude to ask if my partner can come? Would I put the mother in an awkward position by having to refuse my request? Is it acceptable to ask? Thank you.

cakeymccakington Thu 02-Nov-17 21:53:42

Who is it addressed to? If it's a family invite then take him.if you're not sure then it won't hurt toask

FinallyHere Thu 02-Nov-17 21:56:07

in an awkward position by having to refuse my request

If you asked her how she would feel about your partner joining you, there wouldn't be anything for her to refuse and you would know whether he would be welcome. Simples.

emmael Thu 02-Nov-17 22:01:21

My daughter forwarded me the genetic, unnamed invite via messenger but she said that she and I were invited, presumably by her school friend.

emmael Thu 02-Nov-17 22:02:11

Thank you! That's helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now