Talk

Advanced search

Smoking (outside) ish

(23 Posts)
CocoCatmine Wed 25-Oct-17 21:13:41

Ok do you, if you are a smoker
A) smoke indoors
B) smoke in the doorway (door open)
C) smoke completely outside (doors to house closed)

Please let me know which applies to you

I will let you know if I’m the smoker or the OH and why

DancesWithOtters Wed 25-Oct-17 21:17:02

When I was a smoker and lived alone I smoked in my flat.

When I moved in with DP I smoked outside with doors closed.

Quit 3 years ago.

Smarshian Wed 25-Oct-17 21:21:57

Quit 2 years age but never smoked inside, always outside doors closed.

CocoCatmine Wed 25-Oct-17 21:22:04

Good for you, I assume your DP you moved in with was a non smoker?

Smarshian Wed 25-Oct-17 21:22:16

*ago

Badhairday1001 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:24:02

When I used to smoke it was always fully outside, never in the house.

CocoCatmine Wed 25-Oct-17 21:25:00

Shmarsian did you smoke completely outside due to a partner you lived with or because you didn’t want smell inside or what reason?

SleepingBooty Wed 25-Oct-17 21:29:14

When I smoked (quit 2 yrs ago) always outside with the doors closed. DH never smoked.
On the odd occasion it was torrential rain, I go in the garage with the door open but that was rare. Despite smoking for 16yrs I hated the lingering smell.

CocoCatmine Wed 25-Oct-17 21:34:07

You are all too good, want to know if you still smoke and where? Well done if you’ve given up

DancesWithOtters Wed 25-Oct-17 21:37:08

Yes he was a non-smoker.

OddBoots Wed 25-Oct-17 21:37:15

My neighbours go outside and shut the door, I know because in warm weather I am on high alert for the sound of their back door so I can shut my window.

DailyMailDontStealMyThread Wed 25-Oct-17 21:38:57

C

Uptownfuckuup Wed 25-Oct-17 21:39:58

Outside door closed with a smoking jacket that gets left outside too
I hate the lingering smell

BusterTheBulldog Wed 25-Oct-17 21:41:58

My dad (in 70s) smokes in house. No room off bounds. It is rank. He’d smoke in mine if I let him, as it is I make him go outside door shut. Over and over he tries to open door to talk to us in house. It infuriated me!

Smarshian Wed 25-Oct-17 21:42:47

I just didn't like the lingering smell. I lived with flat mates for a while/ rented houses and it was just polite to them. Carried on when I bought a house and then dp moved in (non smoker)

JWrecks Wed 25-Oct-17 21:42:48

NEVER have smoked indoors. I'm a smoker for years and even i think it's disgusting, it chokes me, and it's just horrible in every way.

I smoke outdoors, as far outdoors as I can, even at my own house.

I'm also HORRIBLY paranoid about smoking around non-smokers so will virtually hide to smoke if I can, if non-smokers might be anywhere near.

Justwaitingforaline Wed 25-Oct-17 21:45:25

When I smoked, it was always fully outside the house with doors closed and away from any open window. I also used to wash my hands/use anti bac gel afterwards.

Exceptions to the non smoker I now am are weddings and the very rare night out.

wibblywobblyfish Wed 25-Oct-17 21:47:20

I used to smoke indoors until I had my ceiling painted, the shock of the nicotine stains made me go outside, tbh not always with the door shut. I smoked outside only for about the next 4 years then quit. The smell didn't and still doesn't overly bother me

Marzydotes Wed 25-Oct-17 21:50:17

Many of you are just so caring and tolerant. It is lovely to see that as it is really so rare now.

Take a bow.

usernameavailable Wed 25-Oct-17 21:50:23

Both me and DP smoke. Before children it was in the house. Now, i smoke outside door closed. If the upstairs windows are open (dc's bedrooms) I smoke at the bottom of garden.

CocoCatmine Wed 25-Oct-17 21:52:07

Sorry dances was asking you, but see you realised!

BertieBotts Wed 25-Oct-17 21:54:36

I don't smoke any more but when I did, sometimes in the doorway, mostly fully outside. I didn't want the smoke in the house with DS. But I sometimes broke the rule.

If I was ever smoking at somebody else's house I'd smoke right outside.

dudsville Wed 25-Oct-17 21:54:53

I smoke. Only of an evening in my own garden with doors shut. I don't carry cigarettes during the day or smoke anywhere else. I enjoy smoking but don't enjoy my house smelling of it. My oh doesn't smoke.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now