Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Neighbour burning things every night

(4 Posts)
HoleySock Mon 12-Jun-17 11:53:32

A house three down from us has been burning stuff in their garden every night for a fortnight.
It's not really a problem now but if it continues when the warmer weather comes again later this week we won't be able to have our windows open as the smoke drifts right over to our garden. The kids bedrooms are at the back of the house, south facing, so get very warm, but my daughter has asthma so I wouldn't want her window open with smoke outside.
What would you do? I feel like they are perfectly entitled to Do what they want in their garden, but it is likely to impact on us if it continues.

HoleySock Mon 12-Jun-17 11:55:53

My first thought is to go over there when it's warm and to introduce myself, and maybe just let them know we've got the kids windows open and ask if they would mind texting me if they are planning on burning stuff so I can go up and shut them. But I don't want to make them feel they have to text almost for permission to do what they want in their garden...

chipscheeseandgravy Mon 12-Jun-17 12:31:55

Speak to them and just say would you mind giving me a heads up if your burning rubbish so I can bring the washing in/make sure the kids windows are closed. I can imagine anyone could be offended by it, providing your polite and keep it friendly

snaggydaddy Thu 29-Jun-17 22:39:19

Haven't you heard of Bar B Q's? In all this warm weather it's nice to sit outside eating and having a few social drinks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now