Talk

Advanced search

Pensioner in Converse

(10 Posts)
LadyKalila Fri 14-Apr-17 17:50:24

My question is are you ever too old for converse and jeans? I'm in my 60's and I think, still don't look my age.

Gruach Fri 14-Apr-17 17:51:13

What's wrong with looking your age?

hairypaws Fri 14-Apr-17 17:51:28

Not an issue in my opinion. I hope I still wear mine then, don't see why not.

Blazedandconfused Fri 14-Apr-17 18:27:44

Wear whatever you want! Although if you're choosing them for comfort, I would suggest a visit to a quiet JD/ size when the kids are back at school and try on a few things. Adidas have some lovely styles which are much comfier than converse.

LynetteScavo Fri 14-Apr-17 18:29:07

I don't know why all pensioners don't wear Converse and jeans.

I bet I will when I'm retired.

Crispsheets Fri 14-Apr-17 18:31:49

I'm 57 and wear Superga and jeans. I won't be suddenly rocking elastic waists and Hotter shoes.
Go for it.

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Fri 14-Apr-17 18:32:01

I'm 51 and about to go out dinner in converses!

I'm sure I will still be wearing them in 10 years time as they are practical, comfortable and they look good.

Wear what you like.

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Fri 14-Apr-17 18:33:35

Who cares about your age? If you are comfortable and you like what you wear that's all that matters IMHO

MrsMozart Fri 14-Apr-17 18:58:12

I no longer care and I'm not yet sixty.

I've finally got over thinking I should be in sensible shoes, proper skirts and twin-sets.

grin

Blinkyblink Fri 14-Apr-17 19:03:46

Look, to be brutal honest, I do think it looks a little odd. It's a type of shoe that just isn't pitched at pensioners. Like seeing a teenage boy in a pair of brown tweeds. Nothing wrong with it per se, it just doesn't look quite right.

But there's so much nice stuff out there, it's not converse or sensible sandals! There's a world in between.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now