Talk

Advanced search

Bosses wedding

(13 Posts)
mynachos Mon 20-Mar-17 22:37:19

Boss getting married in June.....abroad on a sunny beach somewhere. Having a evening reception back in hometown. All staff and partners are invited......amyhoo I have known her for 5+years, she was friendly enough in the early days and there were staff nights out etc. However the last few years the company has expanded with more staff etc she also got promoted and didn't hang out with the staff so much. These days I would.be lucky to get a hello from her at the beginning of a shift. Her responsibilities are immense and she doesn't handle stress well. All in all I don't really like her anymore. Sooo do I go to the evening do for old times sake or do I not bother. We work in the nhs so some staff will have to work......... what do I do?

LynetteScavo Mon 20-Mar-17 22:40:04

Go.

Unless you really can't afford to.

Then don't.

Nospringflower Mon 20-Mar-17 22:41:37

Go if you fancy it (and pals are going) don't go if you don't.

Dilligaf81 Mon 20-Mar-17 22:45:37

Easier to go then not plus you can easily avoid her. Enjoy a night out with your collegues and avoid any stress from not going.

Obsidian77 Mon 20-Mar-17 22:48:20

I would bravely offer to hold the fort at work, thus allowing all her really close friends to share her celebration grin

OliviaStabler Mon 20-Mar-17 22:51:34

Don't go, say you have prior plans.

ArchNotImpudent Mon 20-Mar-17 22:52:04

If you 'don't really like her' any more, don't go. It sounds as though there'll be a cast of thousands there, so your boss is unlikely to notice your absence. Obsidian's suggestion is excellent.

mynachos Mon 20-Mar-17 23:04:38

There will definitely be a collection at work and i will put into that. Maybe then just get her a separate card. She will notice tho....... she does the rotas!

MrsMoastyToasty Mon 20-Mar-17 23:09:02

See how many of your colleagues are going. If you decide to go then just see how it pans out and if it's not your thing then tell her that you have another function to go on to and leave early.

mynachos Mon 20-Mar-17 23:14:36

Yep. Definitely going to play it by ear nearer the time. It will be very local and affordable so money wouldnt be a issue. I suppose I'm looking for excise ideas if needed wink

mynachos Mon 20-Mar-17 23:16:32

*excuse!!

daisychain01 Sat 08-Apr-17 17:21:02

Nachos, I'd go to show willing. You've said you used to get along, but work pressures have got in the way and your boss doesn't acknowledge you much. Maybe a chance to build bridges.

Also you may feel left out if everyone is talking about it at work and you can't join in.

Although I'm not big on work socials, this sort of event is more about being there, showing up - than chosen activities with friends.

bimbobaggins Sun 14-May-17 22:29:10

Don't go. You say you don't like her anymore, I wouldn't even give it a second thought

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now