Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christening gift ideas?

(8 Posts)
MojhitoSparkle Sat 11-Feb-17 22:20:51

Hello, I've been invited to a christening in March, it's a family I don't know well so don't want to go OTT with a gift, but feel it would be rude to turn up with just a card. Any ideas for a small token christening gift? I am not too fussed about the cost, would happily buy a more expensive gift, but I feel it would come across as strange as I do not know them very well and I have already given them a nice new baby gift when the baby was born. Perhaps I'm being silly and it is ok just to take a card?

SittinginaSleazySnackBar Sat 11-Feb-17 22:33:18

We were given a money box with 7 pounds 10p in as that was how much DD weighed at birth.
We thought it was lovely and thoughtful. Obviously only helpful if you know how much the baby weighed when it was born !
But I think it's fine just to take a card.

Heratnumber7 Sat 11-Feb-17 22:40:14

What about a nice book of traditional children's stories?

FourKidsNotCrazyYet Sat 11-Feb-17 22:41:12

I bought my friends little boy a beautiful Vera Wang silver (probably plated?) music box. It was less than £50 and the mum, my good friend was over the moon with it. Our other friend bought silver cutlery with the baby's name engraved on them. About £15 and just as loved and appreciated. I don't know what else was bought.

MrsGsnow18 Sat 11-Feb-17 22:42:27

I think a lovely book of stories is a great idea like heratnumber7 said

AuntieStella Sat 11-Feb-17 22:42:35

I don't think you can go wrong with a nice edition of a good children's book

MojhitoSparkle Sun 12-Feb-17 07:36:15

Thanks I'll go with the books, I think the silverware would be OTT. Will take a card and a nice book set. Thanks!

DustOffYourHighestHopes Sun 12-Feb-17 07:46:52

Check our book people for books, they sometimes do nice boxed sets.

But argh don't go for Beatrix potter. It's overdone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now