Talk

Advanced search

What to say to selfish friend?

(6 Posts)
cakeybakeyboo Mon 19-Dec-16 09:59:56

I have a mum friend who lives a 30 min drive from me. We were friends before we had babies around the same time so we often meet up. The thing is we always meet up practically on her doorstep whether it's lunch/coffee of a baby group.
We have another friend with a baby that joins us and she lives is the same area as her. Whenever we do anything closer to where I live she doesn't come or plans to but makes her excuses closer to the time.
The 3 of us planned a xmas meal out without the kids last week and settled on a restaurant not far from me and roughly an equal distance between where we all live.
Today she's completely disregarded the plan we made and is suggesting different restaurants that again are right where she lives. We all drive but I'll probably drink so means travelling there somehow and an expensive cab back for me.
What would you say in this situation?
We are good friends and when I can drive somewhere it isn't a problem for me to travel out of area but considering I always do it I'm now annoyed!!

PberryT Mon 19-Dec-16 10:03:00

Just say you always travel to them, can't they do half way as a compromise for once?

Wolfiefan Mon 19-Dec-16 10:04:02

Say you've made your plans for this time. Suggest one of those restaurants for next time.
Maybe she isn't confident driving or finds taking her baby out difficult (high needs?)

senua Mon 19-Dec-16 10:08:11

We all drive but I'll probably drink so means travelling there somehow and an expensive cab back for me.

Just invite yourself to stay over at her place.grin

cakeybakeyboo Mon 19-Dec-16 10:36:57

That's a good idea Senua!
No she's fine driving around and is definitely confident going places in central London etc on the train. We're not taking the babies it's a night out.

I've actually questioned now why the plans have changed and she's now saying she'll go but she'll drive, not drink and leave early.
The idea is that we have a night to go out and have a drink.
Maybe I should just give in or she'll just put a downer on the whole evening. Ugh.

Yoksha Fri 23-Dec-16 18:21:47

I would have stood my ground, or suggested cancelling if you know how she'll behave.

Have you had your night out yet OP?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: