Talk

Advanced search

What would you give in these circumstances?

(4 Posts)
CEOD Sun 18-Dec-16 22:00:00

Someone very kindly gave me all their baby stuff when I was pregnant, including pram with all its accessories and clothes from newborn up to 3 years old. They offered me a lot more but I didn't take it all, already having some stuff of my own. They didn't ask for anything for it, but I know some people would sell a pram like that for a few hundred pounds. I want to give them a really nice Christmas present to kind of say "thank you". What would you give? Don't know whether maybe a lump sum to a charity? Or something nice for them? Or for their child? (who already appears to have lots!) Just stuck, would appreciate help! Thank you!

GeillisTheWitch Sun 18-Dec-16 22:02:05

I'd get them a voucher for somewhere nice to eat out and offer to babysit their DC for the evening.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 18-Dec-16 22:05:14

I speak from experience- double check they don't want the stuff back when you've finished with it. I had no idea people give you baby stuff then want it back!!

Gene9 Mon 19-Dec-16 12:57:21

I'd say a lovely voucher for Pizza Express or somewhere, and offer to babysit their little one(S)?

Yes yes to double checking if they want the bits back grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now