Visit or Not?

(5 Posts)
takesnoprisoners Thu 01-Sep-16 12:47:19

A local acquaintance (who is a really lovely lady) has been seriously ill and I became aware of this today while having a chat with a neighbour. I am not really friends with her or socialize with her, but I do really like her and have enjoyed the chats we have had. Also, she reminds me a lot of my mum and the illness is what my mum had as well. Will it be really odd if I paid her a visit? What am I supposed to take with me? Flowers? Help please. confused

crje Thu 01-Sep-16 12:51:22

Is she home, out of bed?
She may not like acquaintances to visit her in hospital or her bedroom.

BackforGood Thu 01-Sep-16 12:55:56

I think it would be lovely. tbh, if she is ill or not, it's still nice to have a visit. Take a little bunch of flowers from the garden maybe (if she's at home - no good in hospital), or a slice of cake or a fruit pie or something.... you can say 'you had more than you could eat'. It's fine to take nothing, but if I make a pie or cake, I use it as an excuse to pop round to elderly neighbour for a chat, which is why I thought that.

takesnoprisoners Thu 01-Sep-16 12:58:02

Thank you for your replies. She is at home and in a lot of pain. I think I will pop in for 10 minutes and hopefully wont be a burden on her.

crje Thu 01-Sep-16 13:17:30

I'm sure she will appreciate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now