Talk

Advanced search

Parking over dropped kerbs

(5 Posts)
WindInThePussyWillows Sat 20-Aug-16 23:37:07

What's the general rule or even restrictions regarding parking over the dropped kerb which gives access between your own property/drive way and the public highway?

Assuming the road you live on has no other parking restrictions in place?

LyndaNotLinda Sat 20-Aug-16 23:47:24

I think it's a civil offence. The police won't do much but it's a horrible thing to do

BaronessEllaSaturday Sat 20-Aug-16 23:53:55

It varies on where you live. Some councils do have it as a specific parking offence and will issue a ticket for it while others it is perfectly ok as long as there is no matching dropped kerb opposite.

FrancisCrawford Sat 20-Aug-16 23:57:16

If you park over a dropped kerb so as to prevent a car from exiting onto the road it is an offence.

If you park over a dropped kerb at all it is highly inconsiderate and bloody rude.

WindInThePussyWillows Sun 21-Aug-16 00:08:03

My neighbours parked over the drop kerb leading to my drive knowing I was without my car tonight following a minor accident (everyone is fine).
I knocked and asked if they had a problem and they said they didn't think I'd mind for one night and they didn't want to park over their own drive. I think their son may have just got his first car and they don't have room on their drive for it.

It's not causing my any problems whilst I'm car-less, I said they could use my drive until I get mine fixed but I didn't really understand why anyone would park over a dropped kerb, even if it leads to their own drive, odd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now