Is this dress suitable for a wedding or not???

(15 Posts)
luckymommy Thu 12-May-16 23:52:05

So, wedding of a very good friend on Saturday and I'm thinking I've picked the wrong dress! Is there too much white???? I have a green cardigan to go with it but really unsure now, thinking maybe I should go with back up plan.....thoughts would be very much appreciated!!!!

ColdTeaAgain Thu 12-May-16 23:54:19

I think it's absolutely fine, looks lovely. Colourful accessories and no one will think you're wearing white at all smile

MeMySonAndl Thu 12-May-16 23:54:22

I wouldn't, the bride won't even notice, but there will always be some twat that makes sure you can hear her when she asks why on Earth are you wearing white.

memyselfandaye Thu 12-May-16 23:56:05

I think it's lovely, it doesn't say "wedding dress" to me at all.

I doubt anyone would think otherwise.

tigerdriverII Thu 12-May-16 23:58:59

Beautiful dress. Definitely right for May. Lovely.

MrsMushrooms Fri 13-May-16 00:03:33

It would be borderline on its own but with a green cardi I'm sure it'll be fine!

luckymommy Fri 13-May-16 07:04:23

Thanks for everyone's opinions, very much appreciated! My friends not the type to worry about, if I wanted to wear my wedding dress she'd help me zip it up!! (I would never do that BTW!!) but I'd hate to upset her parents or anyone else important to her xx

icklekid Fri 13-May-16 07:05:57

Looks lovely especially with a colourful cardigan! Wish I was taller and could wear it!

ceeveebee Fri 13-May-16 07:06:43

Lovely dress. Where is it from?

defineme Fri 13-May-16 07:08:01

It's not wedding dress at all. Have a lovely time.

HoggleHoggle Fri 13-May-16 07:08:36

Gorgeous dress and is fine, esp with a coloured cardigan. What colour shoes are you planning to wear? These will also help the non-bridal look...assuming they're not white.

luckymommy Fri 13-May-16 07:21:26

It's from Monsoon, very flattering shape for the mummy tummy I seem to be keeping as a souvenir! Was going for tan shoes and bag, definitely not white shoes! Didn't think tan would go with it but seems to work 😊

Laquila Fri 13-May-16 07:23:32

Gorgeous dress, it'll be fine.

Fraggled Fri 13-May-16 07:34:57

I think it looks perfect.

luckymommy Sun 15-May-16 00:53:44

So I went for it and wore the dress, but it turns out I needn't have worried! The bride wore black (and looked amazing!!) I should've guessed really but thanks everyone for your input x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now