Talk

Advanced search

Invitation Dilemma - Kids or not?

(4 Posts)
Sackofferrets Mon 09-May-16 14:25:51

Am posting now to avoid featuring later if (when) I get it wrong!

Next year I have a milestone birthday and have decided to have a party. The party is going to be in a marquee. I have 4 DC the youngest of which will be 10 at the time.

My dilemma is this: Do I invite kids or not?

If I just have a blanket ban, which would be fairly easy, then its not to nice for my kids and anyway some of my kids friends are really nice and I'd like them at my party!

Alternatively I could just invite all the kids, however I don't really want a lot of younger children there, especially when I don't know them and will have to pay for them. There is also a safety issue as marquees are not really escape proof and it will be surrounded by dark fields.

I've thought about just inviting kids aged 10 years+ but what about the people who have younger and older ones?

I could do it on a 'case by case' basis but fear I'm going to upset people.

Maybe I could put a note on the invite mentioning that this is really an event for older children because of the safety issues and leave it to the individual?

Part of me wants to say of FFS its my party and I will invite whoever I want to but the other part of me reads Mumsnet and knows where this is heading!

Advice please

TheWhompingWilly Mon 09-May-16 19:58:25

Either child-free or all kids. Too difficult for the ones who have younger and older otherwise.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 09-May-16 20:00:02

I'd do just your kids.

SirChenjin Mon 09-May-16 20:03:24

I'd do just your kids and let them invite 1 friend each from school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now