What to give?

(4 Posts)
feelslikespring Fri 22-Apr-16 10:54:55

Hi, hoping for some views. Our plan to have our children looked after by family when we went into labour with our 3rd didn't go according to plan and we needed to ask a friend to come over and stay with the kids whilst we went to hospital. She had them two nights and about a day and a half in total. Trouble is though we are very close friends we have also paid her to babysit on our rare nights out and she used to work for me. What would be an appropriate Thank you? A gift? Or some cash? Or both? I don't want to offend her. Any ideas? Thank you!

Pinkheart5915 Fri 22-Apr-16 11:00:55

You could offer her the normal babysitting money?
Buy her a bottle of nice wine and fancy chocolates, and of course cuddles with baby.

A4Document Wed 27-Apr-16 22:47:42

A voucher for something she'd like?

gulo Sat 22-Oct-16 12:33:24

Been invited to my brother in law's fiancee's bridal shower. It has been suggested we give linger or anything sexy for the honeymoon! I only know her through my brother in law. I have got some lovely candles, edible body paint and massage oil as I didn't want to go down the lingerie route. Will that do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now