Talk

Advanced search

parent. visit telly

(5 Posts)
PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 01-Nov-15 20:02:17

My parents visit and put rubbish(in my opinion) on the telly, is it politer to bugger off and do other stuff outside the telly room, or ask them to turn over?

BackforGood Sun 01-Nov-15 20:32:41

Depends on lots of things.
How long they are staying is the main one - one evening, I'm not sure why you'd have the tele on anyway - i'd be wanting to talk.
Or, if it's a regular 'one evening a week' type thing, then suggest you watch a film or box set of something you can all agree on if you don't want to talk to them which begs the question why they are coming
If they are staying for 3 weeks, then surely there's room for a bit of both?
Or a conversation along the lines of - 'we'll be watching X at 8.30 tonight - if you don't want to watch I can put a dvd on the tele in the other rom for you' type thing.

PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 01-Nov-15 20:49:49

My dada. Is one of those "i am awake the telly is on" people, only here for the weekend, but having spent all day in each others company we begin to run out of conversation.

PassiveAgressiveQueen Sun 01-Nov-15 20:50:08

My dad is, stupid typing

Rivercam Wed 04-Nov-15 22:04:54

I read this blog with my tv hogger staying with me at the time!

My Dm has to watch Strictly. It's an obsession with her and she watches it every day (main show, results show, and It Takes Two BBC 2 show). At home, she won't answer the phone when it's on.

She was staying with us at the weekend. She was visibly getting twitchy as it was due to start. On Sunday, our roast was running late, and you could see she was panicking. She started dropping hints about the programme midday.

If it was the semi-final or final, I could understand it, but it was a routine programme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now