Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Drinks.....

(6 Posts)
TapasGirl Thu 29-Oct-15 10:20:53

Hello, I am planning a drinks (with canapes) do for friends at xmas but not sure what time I should start. Thinking 7:30 til 10:30 on the invites - is that ok. Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks

Toomuch2young Thu 29-Oct-15 10:39:05

Yes that sounds a good start time. Do you have to stipulate an end time? I have never had that for drinks or dinner at friends houses?

TapasGirl Thu 29-Oct-15 13:53:33

Hi TM2Y I know that's what I thought but have read a few things where if you are just having a drinks party you are advised to stipulate an end time. Really not sure what to do as new to all this. Thank you for your post.

BeanGirls Thu 05-Nov-15 09:26:13

I agree in regards to an end time. It's strange, I've never seen anything like that.

potap123 Thu 05-Nov-15 09:31:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BertrandRussell Thu 05-Nov-15 09:50:00

Putting an end time is fine but that time slot is bit odd for a drinks party- they are usually timed so people can go on to dinner afterwards- so 6.30 to 8.30 would be more usual.

Yours sounds more like a party party, so it's not usual to have an end time- particularly such an early one.

If you're going proper Downton with formal invitations, you can put "carriages at 12.00" in the bottom left hand corner to make sure people bugger off and aren't still cluttering the place up the next morning. But it might make you look a bit mental.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now