Talk

Advanced search

Pathetic nitpicking, feel like i cant be me on these sites

(16 Posts)
LiverMummy25 Sun 02-Aug-15 07:31:59

I am on another forum (yes I know some people don't care if you don't care you don't have to comment) anyway there are so many rules and I think they will kick me off soon as it seems when others have an opinion I just take it but if I have an opinion that differs from theirs they nit pick at me and report my comments. I'm not rude unless someone is rude to me and honestly some of the things they report you for if they could hear you pass wind they'd probably report you for that too. What's wrong with these people.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 02-Aug-15 07:34:24

Why use the site if it's that bad?

Mehitabel6 Sun 02-Aug-15 07:39:49

Just keep off.

LiverMummy25 Sun 02-Aug-15 07:42:19

Because I have met a lot of lovely people on there it's just there are loads of snobs and I guess i'm just too laid back for the way some of them are

VulcanWoman Sun 02-Aug-15 07:47:30

I've been over to the dark side as well, this site is much better though, not had any trouble so far! Best to stay away from there, 'they can't handle the truth' as Jack Nicholson said in A Few Good Men'.

Mehitabel6 Sun 02-Aug-15 07:47:40

That is the nature of the Internet. You can't change it so you have to decide whether it is worth it or not. If it upsets you then it probably isn't.

TheDowagerCuntess Sun 02-Aug-15 07:47:42

What's wrong with these people.

Um ... don't know.......?

Mehitabel6 Sun 02-Aug-15 07:47:56

That is the nature of the Internet. You can't change it so you have to decide whether it is worth it or not. If it upsets you then it probably isn't.

Mehitabel6 Sun 02-Aug-15 07:48:18

Mehitabel6 Sun 02-Aug-15 07:49:06

Sorry - don't why it gave multiple posts!

VulcanWoman Sun 02-Aug-15 07:51:38

I think this thread just had a turn, my comment took ages to load too.

LiverMummy25 Sun 02-Aug-15 07:56:38

The internet doesn't upset me. Whether or not I want to stay on a site is out of my control if I'm being reported over school ground stuff. I'm an adult and I don't see why they can dish it but cant take it. Oh well is as life I suppose.

Mehitabel6 Sun 02-Aug-15 08:47:45

I think that in general people can dish it out but not take it.
(I think you are right,VulcanWoman- I couldn't get it to post and then found it had gone 3 times)

TeaPleaseLouise Sun 02-Aug-15 08:50:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LiverMummy25 Sun 02-Aug-15 14:33:51

I don't see how its bad form when obviously the moderators have to investigate everything reported. I don't report comments because I can take a difference in opinion. I have said I feel bullied and nothing was done. I get what you or saying TeaPlease but there are various threads I comment on and it happens on the odd one. A lot of the threads i'm not friends with the posters but I receive and give good advice so I enjoy that. Then you get someone coming along who thinks their opinion is the only one that matters. I thought I could talk to people on here and see if anyone has experienced the same and can reassure me as obviously I can hardly express my anger on that site because oh yes i'd be reported for that also.

imwithspud Sun 09-Aug-15 00:29:42

I have been on a couple of different parenting sites and I find this one is by far the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now