Talk

Advanced search

Should I knock on and say hello?

(5 Posts)
Angie611 Wed 01-Jul-15 10:27:02

This is just a quick question as I'm not sure what I should do here. I sadly lost twins that I was carrying 6 weeks ago, I was 6 months pregnant when I went into labour. Since then I've told a couple of neighbours who have told more neighbours... Yesterday I got a card through the door from a lady who lives 4 doors away, basically saying sorry for our loss and that she and her husband also lost a baby. (She has since had a baby boy).

The question is, should I go over and say hello? Do you think it would be welcomed if I just knocked on the door and said thanks for the card? I've never spoken to this lady before, just exchanged a few friendly waves as we've driven past. What do you think I should do? I would like to be sort of friends with this lady.

Theselittlelightsaremine Wed 01-Jul-15 10:31:22

Yes knock and say thanks for card.

Sparklingbrook Wed 01-Jul-15 10:42:39

Yes, go and knock say thanks and have a chat. You already know you have a shared experience, maybe she is reaching out to you?

That is if you aren't feeling too fragile. 6 weeks is a very short time.

Jo4040 Wed 01-Jul-15 10:47:00

Course you should! She obviously wants to let you know she could be s support to you by getting in touch. Go for it. It could be the start of a lovely friendship xx

ManuscriptsDontBurn Thu 02-Jul-15 10:44:29

I am so sorry for your loss. Definitely knock on her door.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now