18th birthday presents

(5 Posts)
IReallyAmHephzibah Mon 22-Jun-15 14:35:37

I am looking for some advice on the wording for an invitation.
My triplets will be 18 in the summer and we will be having an 'at home ' at my parents house for family.
We moved to another country when my children were 7 and have only recently moved back to the UK, to a different part of the country from my family so we have seen little of the wider family for a decade or so.
So to get to my point, we would like to let people know on the invitation that birthday presents are not needed (it's such a long time since we saw the wider family it doesn't seem right that they should buy presents!)
So how does one word an invitation to an at home and request no presents?

princessvikki Tue 23-Jun-15 07:28:15

What about something like , we would like to celebrate with your presence not your presents?????

spad Tue 23-Jun-15 07:36:42

I understand and agree with what you are saying. On the other hand I don't think it is your business to decide if someone buys a present or not, there really is no need to write anything.

But when people ask you what they can bring, be very jolly and make it clear you would be delighted to just have their company.

Iloveonionchutney Tue 23-Jun-15 07:40:01

What Spad said, don't mention it in the invite and then if you get asked you can say there's no need etc. Most family and friends would probably be happy to bring a gift anyway, regardless of how long since they saw you. You may end up with a lot of alcohol though smile

IReallyAmHephzibah Tue 23-Jun-15 08:19:29

Thank you, it is difficult to know what to do without offending anyone or making people feel that they have to buy 3 x 18th birthday presents. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now