Husband to be wedding gift?

(14 Posts)
Courtney91 Thu 04-Jun-15 20:32:58

So I get married in 5 weeks and I was just wondering if anyone brought hubby to be a wedding gift for the morning and if yes what sort of thing?

I thought it would be a nice idea but I'm really struggling as we are on a really tight budget and being a SAHM I don't really have the funds to stretch far.

I was thinking of making him something but I'm not the most creative of people.

Or maybe some aftershave so he smell beautiful on the day wink

Any help would be great TIA

Happyyellowcar Thu 04-Jun-15 20:34:25

I did a cheeky photo album and had the best man deliver it to him on the wedding morning..

orchid15 Wed 10-Jun-15 10:09:09

I did a hamper for the wedding morning including a letter, a bottle of bubbly for him and bm, nice chocs, socks in case he got cold feet, and personalised cufflinks that he wore on the day - fairly cheap to do as you can make it look nice without spending a fortune :-)

SilasGreenback Wed 10-Jun-15 10:15:42

I got mine a pair of cuff links in similar colours and style to the tie he had chosen. He wore them on the day and to work now. But it was just luck really that I spotted them while out shopping one day, if I had searched for matching cuff links I'm sure I wouldn't have found any!

cowbag1 Wed 10-Jun-15 10:27:30

I got mine some expensive socks and boxers to wear on the day (he's normally just a Next underwear man so was nice to have something special), personalised cufflinks (notonthehighstreet.com have loads for all budgets) and a pocketwatch so he matched his ushers.

If you're thinking of something to make, I liked the idea of a groom journal (sounds a bit cheesy but give it a Google.) I didn't want to buy one though so I found a list of the pages somewhere on the internet and made one myself using a small scrapbook. Adding in photos of us etc.

It took me ages but I see you've only got 5 weeks so you could tailor depending how much time you have.

I also made individual tags for each gift with cheesy stuff written on. Love a bit of sloppy romance for a wedding!

Millymollymama Wed 10-Jun-15 11:51:46

I thought you might be giving him away to someone else????

I bought him a watch.

FernGullysWoollyPully Wed 10-Jun-15 12:02:53

I'm a sentimental old sort! I got mine something old, new, borrowed and blue.
Old - I wore a silver sixpence in my shoe that had been in my mums and grans too. I gave my DH one that my grandad had carried with him during all his years away in the war like a lucky charm.
New - 'lucky pants' with cherries on!
Borrowed - he 'borrowed' a hankie that my gran had embroidered with lavender sprigs and my name, lavender was a big flower at our wedding. It was borrowed because he wore it in his pocket and gave it back to me at church when I was teary!
Blue - some expensive headphones he'd been bleating on about for ages.

I also got him some socks with groom on - in case he got cold feet!
'A heads up' - a tiny book called 'Dont's for Husband's' is pretty funny but still relevant.
Some 'dutch courage' in a hip flask and a personalised glass bottle of coke.

Everything was wrapped in brown paper and had a little letter with each one.

MyPastLife Wed 10-Jun-15 12:45:42

I bought my husband a compass in a silver case and engraved "so you can always find you way home" - it was meaning to us

MyPastLife Wed 10-Jun-15 12:46:37

Meaningful to us

nmg85 Sat 03-Oct-15 15:47:44

I gave mine some socks which were 'so he didn't get cold feet'. They had our names and wedding date on

Buttercup443 Tue 17-Nov-15 19:50:11

I gave my husband silver collar stiffeners engraved with our names and date and pet names for him. 3 pairs in total.

clevlisodi1974 Wed 20-Apr-16 11:02:50

A personalised set of wedding cufflinks would be nice! You could have your initials put there or maybe a cute cartoon of your husband to be! This is a really good idea, I’m telling you. You don’t need to spend a fortune plus, he can still use it in other events like when you two go out on a date. That’d really be nice!

luckymommy Thu 12-May-16 23:48:04

I gave my hubby a present the morning of the wedding. I got a box full of little things, with a luggage tag attached to each. His proper pressie was a watch and the tag said 'to get you to the church on time'
Tissues - in case you cry
Onion - in case you don't cry
Socks - so you don't get cold feet
Mints - so you're ready for our first kiss
Miniature spirits - to steady your nerves
Etc

I also put a book in, I think it was u star novels, it was personalised throughout so you are the main characters and it was a bit of a dirty book 😉

ImogenTubbs Sun 19-Jun-16 14:37:48

I bought DH a wedding tie, as the one he had chosen was vile. Spent £95. Congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now