Talk

Advanced search

saying "thank you" after receiving comments on mumsnet thread?

(5 Posts)
cantbelieveimonhere Wed 17-Dec-14 10:32:16

Is it necessary or not
is it considered rude not to?

nancy75 Wed 17-Dec-14 10:40:04

I don't know the right answer but I know it annoys me when a poster comes on and says can you suggest ... and I then list stuff and give links and the op doesn't even come back and say thanks.

I have been on at least 2 threads like that recently, both had lots of posters giving really good suggestions for Xmas gifts and the OP didn't bother to come back to either one. Nobody needs a big shower of praise but a simple thank you is polite.

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Wed 17-Dec-14 10:43:48

I try to remember to thank people en masse once I've had the answers I need but I rarely check to see if I've been thanked for any of my comments.

What is annoying is when an OP thanks only selected posters and seems to ignore you. If I notice, it makes me wonder if I'm invisible sad

IAmAPaleontologist Wed 17-Dec-14 10:45:15

I'll generally give a general thank you, trouble is you say "thanks" which bumps the thread so then you get more comments and you feel the need to say "thanks" again which bumps the thread and.....

cantbelieveimonhere Wed 17-Dec-14 23:24:00

Thanks folks......to those who have posted and those who may in the future!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now