Talk

Advanced search

Christening gifts?

(8 Posts)
insanelycheerful Fri 21-Nov-14 02:22:51

I am going to a friend's daughter's christening next week and have just realised I have no idea whether I am expected to take a gift?! Child is almost 4, so a lot of the "usual" christening gifts seem a bit inappropriate (more for babies). What do people do in this situation? Don't think I have attended a christening as an adult before so am a bit clueless!

eurochick Fri 21-Nov-14 02:53:02

Yes, take a gift. Silver is traditional (I tend to give silver money boxes) but something like a lovely book would be good too.

losthermind Fri 21-Nov-14 03:38:38

DD was 3 when I got her and DS christened and she received a lovely set of special edition royal mint silver coins

Mrsgrumble Fri 21-Nov-14 03:44:37

I would put a bit of money in a card or get a little keepsake such as a special book or make nice bookends or something

insanelycheerful Fri 21-Nov-14 11:28:57

Thanks for replies!
I love books so I think I'll choose her a nice keepsake type book.

andadietcoke Fri 21-Nov-14 11:32:33

My go-to Christening gift of choice at the moment is the beautiful illustrated 'Maps' book with a copy of Dr Suess's 'Oh The Places You'll Go'. If it's a close friend then I buy a globe too.

Rumandcokeplease Fri 21-Nov-14 11:35:35

I always buy a childrens bible or a book of bible stories.

AMerryScot Tue 09-Dec-14 10:47:35

ditto rum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now