Talk

Advanced search

Why can't people who reply to Freecycle ads the minute the item is posted come and get the damn item !t to f

(5 Posts)
Avantia Tue 18-Oct-11 16:57:43

Posted a few things on Freecycle recently - not long after message had been posted people responded asking whether item was still free if so when can they collect - you reply given them a time - eg any time after 7pm - then you hear nothinrg more from them and they dont turn up -

OR they respond quickly to an ad asking if still free - you reply and ask when would you like to collect - hear nothing more from them .

Getting slightly pissed by people who quickly fire off a response as soon as ad posted but then never follow it up . angry

If you are one of these people please expect the item to be given to someone else !

Bearcrumble Tue 18-Oct-11 17:01:05

Oh I bloody hate freecycle. I was offering some tickets to an event I couldn't attend. I said if you can collect between 6-8 tonight and some fucker pretended they could at first and then started asking if they could come at another time - the last thing I wanted was emails back and forth. I wanted to keep it simple, that's why I stipulated a collection time on the ad.

In the end I gave them to someone else.

bran Tue 18-Oct-11 17:06:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CroissantNeuf Tue 18-Oct-11 17:06:36

Apparently a lot of people set up an automatic response that is generated when any item is offered.

In those situations the response you get never mentions the item by name just something along the lines of "Is the item still available. If so I would like it please"

If I get an immediate and vague reply like that I never tend to offer it to that person.

Avantia Tue 18-Oct-11 18:57:29

Good point about automated responses - will ignore vague replies from now on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now