Talk

Advanced search

Being invited - and then uninvited

(10 Posts)
Sillyoldelf Fri 09-Sep-11 10:15:03

How would you think and feel if a friend invited you round for an evening for a dvd , some wine ,and to meet her sister in law - then uninvited you by text later that same day ,because thinking about it, her sister in law may feel strange with you being there. I would be grateful to hear from you !

AMumInScotland Fri 09-Sep-11 10:23:47

I'd guess that the friend's husband had queried the idea and said his sister might not like it. Assuming it is that sort of SIL.

Cereal Sat 10-Sep-11 20:09:01

I'd wonder what the SIL's problem was. If you're staying at someone's house you are not the one to decide who comes round to visit.

LemonDifficult Sat 10-Sep-11 20:10:20

Unless you've slept with the SiL's husband, or the SiL has got something she really needs to get off her chest, I'd say the friend was a bit low on social skills.

purplepidjin Sat 10-Sep-11 20:31:43

I'd assume the SIL was a bit of a nightmare, and rearrange for a time when she'd gone home to cheer my mate up!

Sillyoldelf Sat 10-Sep-11 21:08:54

Amuminscotland, cereal, and lemondifficult , thankyou I think you all right , thankyou .

emsyj Sat 10-Sep-11 21:10:55

Maybe the SIL is having some sort of crisis but your friend can't tell you about it so had to make a lame excuse to keep you away?

<clutches at straws>

Sillyoldelf Sat 10-Sep-11 22:07:52

Yup that's a possibility , but.. My instincts still tell me I have up till now been a blind to the fact that she is maybe not as much of a friend as I thought . Even if I am wrong it's still made me feel pretty shitty getting that text message ( without even the hint of a ' sorry' or ' let's rearrange', ) and I don't think I want to be around people that make me feel like that .

purplepidjin Sat 10-Sep-11 22:30:57

I stand by my theory based on what the OP said.

What's the rest of the story, then???

vincettenoir Sat 15-Oct-11 12:36:58

I think it's odd spesh as she didn't apologise. But I think it must have been something that dp or sil said that put her off. After all she didn't see any problem before. I can see why you're pissed off but I wouldn't go as far as to re-evaluate your whole friendship. It something that someone else has said that has put her off. She might be quite disappointed to gave to spend the eve with only her sil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now