Talk

Advanced search

21st birthday gift for Goddaughter

(10 Posts)
missismac Fri 10-Jun-11 11:25:23

Aaaargh. Am drawing a complete blank. Have a budget of about £150-200 in mind (it's a special occasion after all). Would like something classy, that will last.

She's into fashion & jewellery. Her Mum has bought her a Cartier watch. I don't really wear/ buy jewellery so don't know where to start.

Any help gratefully received, Thanks.

bagelmonkey Fri 10-Jun-11 15:55:08

Tiffany's?
Maybe you could take her shopping for an item??

K999 Fri 10-Jun-11 15:58:07

Links of London have lovely stuff. I have a charm bracelet with my initial on. It's silver and I love it. Also have other bits from there. Have a look on their website. You're bound to see something you like.

missismac Fri 10-Jun-11 19:39:15

Thanks, I've looked at Tiffany, but nothing caught my eye that seemed 'her' IYKWIM. I'll check out the Links of London site though?

ednurse Fri 10-Jun-11 19:41:28

Mulberry has gorgeous jewellery!!

meditrina Fri 10-Jun-11 19:49:59

I got DH's Goddaughter a Links of London "sweeties" bracelet, and she was delighted to have the real one (not a look alike). Their friendship bracelets are lovely too.

gillybean2 Fri 10-Jun-11 19:50:16

If she's your god daughter then how about a necklace with a cross on it. I got one for my sister for her 21st, it's the only present she still has from then so she tells me.
Personally I like the celtic designs, but that's just me
This kind
www.glencara.com/jewelry/celtic-cross.html
or these
www.welshgoldshop.com/index.php/Silver-and-Welsh-Gold/Page-2-16.html

MiceHaveFeelingsToo Fri 10-Jun-11 22:43:57

One godmother threw me a very classy lunch party at her house with all the family and a few friends, buffet and lovely pink bubbly. Very memorable and special smile

Other godmother gave me hideous garnet cross-shaped brooch...her thinking was the whole religious thing...I dont wear brooches and am not very religious blush

Cousins got me gorgeous pearl stud earrings (18ct gold) that I wear all the time, 20 years later.

I suggest you ask her to go shopping with you, look at a Links shop, have a few ideas in advance and choose something she really likes. Maybe have lunch out together too?

I cant wait to be doing this for my goddaughter one day (she is only 5 so I hope I am still alive for her 21st!!)

missismac Sat 11-Jun-11 12:37:20

We are going out for lunch (with her Mum too), she's not at all religious (so far!) so don't think she'd appreciate the cross idea - though I think it's lovely. I also love the welsh gold site, but sadly i know that it's not her kind of thing at all.

I do like the Links of London stuff for her and will look at that more closely - haven't looked at the Mulberry yet, will do that now.

Thanks so much everyone. You've all got brilliant idea's and are really helping me to narrow down to the 'perfect' gift. smile

mentalpup Sun 19-Jun-11 14:28:18

What about Trollbeads? Proper, the original trollbeads not pandora or any of the new alternatives! A starter kit is around £130 i think but she can then add To it over the years. I got one for my 30th and love it. The official website to find nearest stockist etc is www.trollbeads.co.uk i think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now