Talk

Advanced search

delivery guys - tipping

(6 Posts)
skgnome Sat 21-May-11 10:40:19

Do you normally tip delivery guys?, like if you get your groceries delivered? some takeaway? or a big furniture item? I'm from america where you tip everyone, but I don't know what's expected in the UK

Tillyscoutsmum Sat 21-May-11 10:42:15

I don't tend to tip groceries or furniture/parcel deliveries. I do sometimes tip takeaways (usually just rounding up to avoid hanging around on the doorstep whilst they try and find small change).

suzikettles Sat 21-May-11 10:45:56

No. I know places like Tesco ban their delivery employees from taking tips but I don't know how widespread that is.

Personally I'd only tip takeaway delivery people - just any small change though.

Bunbaker Sat 21-May-11 10:45:59

No, not usually. Although I did tip the man who delivered my cooker because he took the old one away and didn't have to. I gave him a tenner. I don't think it is usual to tip grocery delivery people or parcel delivery people.

ZillionChocolate Thu 23-Jun-11 22:42:03

I wouldn't tip any of them. I did tip our house moving men lots though.

rookiemater Sat 25-Jun-11 18:56:11

I don't tip Tesco delivery as already paid extra for it. I'd round up for takeaway delivery to the nearest pound or so, again dependant on delivery charge. When we had a mattress delivered I tipped them £10 because they did a good job and took their shoes up and seemed mannerly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now